2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a daft arguement really mate. Yes, he is the only keeper to get to a final since Banks, but there have been better keepers. Shilton, Clemence, Martyn and Seaman. Just my opinion.

All those goalkeepers bombed at tournaments, and never stepped up to the level Pickford has, in 2 tournaments now.

His penalty heroics was of the highest level of the game.

West was an Ok keeper whose later career nosedived when he turned into a bag of nerves following frequent barracking from his own crowd. It was sad to watch.

So you were being serious, unbelievable!! If you don’t know who are better goalkeepers than Jordan have a glance at dunks pigeon‘s reply for a start then add Chris Woods, Flowers and Bonetti not forgetting Gordon West.

Well, have any of them performed heroics at tournaments ??

All those goalkeepers bombed at tournaments, and never stepped up to the level Pickford has, in 2 tournaments now.

His penalty heroics was of the highest level of the game.
I dont dispute what you say, hes had two great tournaments, but to say hes the best since Banks I disagree. Slightly off topic, but the whole teams'bombed' at the tournaments

Well, have any of them performed heroics at tournaments ??
They were all better goalkeepers than Pickford that’s the point of the argument, how good a goalkeeper is Pickford and he plays for and gets paid by Everton as well as England and it is as an Everton player I’m interested in.

West was an Ok keeper whose later career nosedived when he turned into a bag of nerves following frequent barracking from his own crowd. It was sad to watch.
I think he barracked by the Everton crowd in a European cup tie the year we had won the league, and it was a disgrace, Westie went and stood at the end of the goal area to get away from them, he was a young man then and he did suffer from nerves but his career never nose dived, he won an FA cup winners medal in 1966 and a championship medal in 1970 both after that barracking, and he became a character on and off the field well after that incident.

They were all better goalkeepers than Pickford that’s the point of the argument, how good a goalkeeper is Pickford and he plays for and gets paid by Everton as well as England and it is as an Everton player I’m interested in.
Pickford better than Flowers and Woods imo. Tbf, its a different ball game, those keepers didnt have to deal with the backpass rule and play from the back.

Yes but times move on, that is what we have to look to.
Yes of course times move on but if somebody makes a claim that one goalkeeper is the best since a certain era then you have to look at all the ‘keepers since that era to make a comparison surely. You are correct though and I am ready to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.