"Watch Classic Matches Again"

1 September 1962

Top of the table Everton lose 1-0 to injury hit Fulham. Stan Brown scores a scrambled goal after 21 minutes following a long throw from Jim Langley. Fulham have more chances before half time, but fail to add to their lead. Everton rarely threaten and Fulham hold on quite easily. A rare off day for Everton, who went on to win the League.

Anyone know if there's any footage of Everton v Newcastle home 1977...the 4-4 anywhere?

My arl fella passed away last year and it was the first game he took me and our kid to in the Upper Bullens,,,would to see any footage of it.
There's another chap who has asked for this,unfortunately as far as I am aware there is no footage,I was there as a kid, mad,mad game,think Pejic scored a deflected, looping goal for us early on and we all thought it would be a cakewalk,Georgie Wood had the proverbial "mare" in front of Scotland boss Ally McLeod and we ended up grateful for a point!!RIP your Dad mate.

Longest highlights - just over 11 minutes of them - of this 1962 derby that I've come across. We see, for example, both of our disallowed "goals" in the first few minutes. The Youtube website description:

A Bill Shankly inspired Liverpool are back in the First Division and over 70,000 turn up at Goodison for the first Merseyside derby in 11 years. As the teams line up the Z Cars theme can be heard on the tannoy. The Liverpool team caption lists "Bryne" at right back. The picture quality is not great and it's difficult to tell the teams apart in black and white - Liverpool have the short sleeve shirts with a prominent badge. Two Everton goals are disallowed in the first seven minutes to howls of derision from the home crowd. They then get a rather dubious penalty, which Roy Vernon scores (1-0). Liverpool equalise from close range through Kevin Lewis, deputising for the injured Ian St John (1-1). Half time. Johnny Morrissey regains the lead for Everton following a scramble in the box (2-1). Roger Hunt equalises from close range in last minute (2-2). "One of the most exciting matches I have ever seen" is the verdict of commentator Alan "by golly" Weeks. Everton went the whole season unbeaten at Goodison and won the League by six points.

Longest highlights - just over 11 minutes of them - of this 1962 derby that I've come across. We see, for example, both of our disallowed "goals" in the first few minutes. The Youtube website description:

A Bill Shankly inspired Liverpool are back in the First Division and over 70,000 turn up at Goodison for the first Merseyside derby in 11 years. As the teams line up the Z Cars theme can be heard on the tannoy. The Liverpool team caption lists "Bryne" at right back. The picture quality is not great and it's difficult to tell the teams apart in black and white - Liverpool have the short sleeve shirts with a prominent badge. Two Everton goals are disallowed in the first seven minutes to howls of derision from the home crowd. They then get a rather dubious penalty, which Roy Vernon scores (1-0). Liverpool equalise from close range through Kevin Lewis, deputising for the injured Ian St John (1-1). Half time. Johnny Morrissey regains the lead for Everton following a scramble in the box (2-1). Roger Hunt equalises from close range in last minute (2-2). "One of the most exciting matches I have ever seen" is the verdict of commentator Alan "by golly" Weeks. Everton went the whole season unbeaten at Goodison and won the League by six points.

Thanks again Major,some things never change eh?!!

Clearer, but much shorter, highlights below: