Liverpool at Anfield or Utd at Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Closer call than some are making out but it would definitely have been given to the RS at analfield and Manure at Old Trafford and the ref wouldn't have even gone to the screen. We have got nothing from them this season and the standard of officiating in the premier is at an all time low.

Having said that you have to be able to win games without pens or controversial ref decisions. Make your own goals and score em, simple unless you are Everton.

Closer call than some are making out but it would definitely have been given to the RS at analfield and Manure at Old Trafford and the ref wouldn't have even gone to the screen. We have got nothing from them this season and the standard of officiating in the premier is at an all time low.

Having said that you have to be able to win games without pens or controversial ref decisions. Make your own goals and score em, simple unless you are Everton.
I didn't think it was a pen to begin with and with each passing replay it got closer to a coin flip call. Thought it had to be a "Clear and Obvious Error" for them to overturn the referees decision. Oh well, should've known it weren't getting given with Jon Moss on VAR.

I didn't think it was a pen to begin with and with each passing replay it got closer to a coin flip call. Thought it had to be a "Clear and Obvious Error" for them to overturn the referees decision. Oh well, should've known it weren't getting given with Jon Moss on VAR.
I think they got the red card decision correct, and yes I am agree I don't like seeing penalties given for minimal contact. But my point really wasn't about us not getting the call, it was about us all knowing certain teams will always get those calls given in their favour regardless. Football will never be fairly reffed till we get fully automated cyborg refs in charge ?

And that's a penalty all day long, Mason wouldn't have even asked Cavanagh to look at the video he would have just instructed him to give it.

And that my friends sums up in a nutshell exactly why football is forever [Poor language removed]
Mason was it in Stockley Park?Oh what a surprise(I didn't know myself but surmised it would either be him or big Atko lol )

Still for me the biggest issue was not waiting until the ball was dead before checking for the penalty.
Richarlison has a pretty much an open goal when he got up after the challenge by Lloris with just defender to lift the ball over as the keeper was in no mans land.

VAR should never be overturning it.

Even if you think it was a mistake to be given, there's no way it was a clear and obvious mistake.
It all still comes down to how VAR has and is being used
They've wound it back a bit, but it comes back to what I said from day one.
It's not for Stockley to say Yay or Nay off their own bat, its for the Reff to ask...Show it to me again, I want to check that I saw what I thought I saw...or didn't see.

Status
Not open for further replies.