2021/22 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the type of fan who hasn't a clue.

If your argument is he touched the ball only 2 times, ask why? Ask why Allan had the same impact in the first half?

Benitez is blind if he thinks Gbamin could just slot in after 2 years out next to Allan against a Wolves team who press and have movement.

He didn't play well but to throw him out the club after one 45mins is stupid.
He touched the ball only twice because hes walking around the pitch and hiding himself every time the ball came near him. The only time he had the ball near our box he lost it.A better team like Liverpool would have scored 6 goals against that joke midfield.Allan could do nothing without a partner in midfield. A midfield of 2 reduced to 1 player. i have never seen a disaster like that without a prompt reaction from the bench. Benitez waited 40 minutes to long before taking him of!

I'd say he looked fairly tidy when he was on the ball but he is clearly still adjusting. I wouldn't put too much to him based on yesterday's game, Wolves' play came from the backline towards the wings and mostly our fullbacks and wingers were to blame.

He looks to be tackling a little gingerly but I'm more than willing to give him time, honestly being out for more than 2 years, meaning more than 1/3 of your career to date, is nerve-wracking and takes a lot fo work to come back from.

Sure he's a dud by all account but i have so much more sympathy for him than for failures like Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Cenk or Schneiderlin

I just can't see where he's going to get a proper run as things stand. Clearly well off the pace but how is he ever going to get up to it at this point?

I'd say he looked fairly tidy when he was on the ball but he is clearly still adjusting. I wouldn't put too much to him based on yesterday's game, Wolves' play came from the backline towards the wings and mostly our fullbacks and wingers were to blame.

He looks to be tackling a little gingerly but I'm more than willing to give him time, honestly being out for more than 2 years, meaning more than 1/3 of your career to date, is nerve-wracking and takes a lot fo work to come back from.

Sure he's a dud by all account but i have so much more sympathy for him than for failures like Iwobi, Sigurdsson, Cenk or Schneiderlin
He can play in slow motion. He looks tidy when there isnt pressure on him. In the premier league that almost never happens

Allan may as well have been playing in midfield by himself first half. At one point JPG was following him around and watching him go up for headers. Felt a bit sorry for him

Too long out of the game. When was the last time he started two games in a row? 3 years ago? 4? I genuinely can't foresee a way of him getting up to speed - technically, tactically, mentally, positionally - unless it's 30 mins when we're 3-0 up (hahaha) or out on loan.

A real shame.

Allan may as well have been playing in midfield by himself first half. At one point JPG was following him around and watching him go up for headers. Felt a bit sorry for him

Too long out of the game. When was the last time he started two games in a row? 3 years ago? 4? I genuinely can't foresee a way of him getting up to speed - technically, tactically, mentally, positionally - unless it's 30 mins when we're 3-0 up (hahaha) or out on loan.

A real shame.

The manager hung him out to dry though.

Yes, Gbamin was poor, but you don't play him in a midfield two after his time out of the game. Delph clearly was fit, so could have started, but even if it was Davies. Just have a three in midfield, stay compact in that area and then our front three can be our attackers - that's the bloody plan anyway, it's not like we control the ball in any sense.

But that's the issue with our manager. He's crap.

There isn;t a footballer in there. You know it and I know it.

How that turd Brands threw £25M at that is beyond comprehension. Gbamin is appalling.

Brands got rid of Gueye to get that "player" in.

In a nutshell that's Brands career at Everton.
That's a bit harsh lad.

If he didn't get injured, who knows what happens. Granted, he looks dog at the moment, but he hasn't played football in 4 years. To suggest that the player now is the player that would have been is jumping to conclusions.

Personally I think it's sad, for once not really a situation where you can apportion too much blame on recruitment imho. Just a very 'Everton that' situation

The manager hung him out to dry though.

Yes, Gbamin was poor, but you don't play him in a midfield two after his time out of the game. Delph clearly was fit, so could have started, but even if it was Davies. Just have a three in midfield, stay compact in that area and then our front three can be our attackers - that's the bloody plan anyway, it's not like we control the ball in any sense.

But that's the issue with our manager. He's crap.

Agree with this. Exposing him in a midfield two was irresponsible.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

£25M

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

£25 'kin million
Bit of a weird reaction this Dave, even for you.

There isn;t a footballer in there. You know it and I know it.

How that turd Brands threw £25M at that is beyond comprehension. Gbamin is appalling.

Brands got rid of Gueye to get that "player" in.

In a nutshell that's Brands career at Everton.
You have some amazing foresight given you can deduce all that from forty five minutes. Fella has had two nearly career ending injuries the fact he's actually back is something. I think we need to ease him in if we hope to get anything out of him. He is a big unit so will need minutes to get up to speed, if he is physically not capable the injuries will be why but we can't judge how he would have been without them...

Status
Not open for further replies.