Old Everton Pictures

The one and only Fred Pickering at BR with the iconic Tower punching a hole in the West stand roof. And the glorious kop whose roof created fabulous acoustics from the bedlam below that would break out every other Saturday :D
QVNIMTE0MDUyMDA4.jpg

Adrian Heath in action against Arsenal during the League Division One match at Goodison Park Everton 26th March 1983 welost 3-2 -

View attachment 142538
Goodison was not a nice place to be in the early eighties. Cold, soulless place good job things turned around or there was a real danger we'd slide away altogether. Kendall really did save the club at this time and helped us to get where we are today.

Thats fine. Dont want ruffle any feathers. Just think the caption must be wrong then cos that top Stevens is wearing first appeared in the 1983-84 season. I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong on that.
Pardon me for the intrusion and I'm sure Joey won't mind.
That West Ham shirt sponsorship from AVCO was worn between 1983 and 1985. I've just googled that.
We were Umbro until we went to LCS in 1983.

Are you thinking of Mickey Walsh's goal of the season against Sunderland in 75 I think it was.Wasn't long after that the Toffees nabbed him off us. But didn't work out too well for Everton this time though. He was no Bally lol

Absolutely!! Still was some strike. Don't know why I didn't include his name in the post - put it down to (another) senior moment!

Goodison was not a nice place to be in the early eighties. Cold, soulless place good job things turned around or there was a real danger we'd slide away altogether. Kendall really did save the club at this time and helped us to get where we are today.
This is spot on! Many people assume the eighties were all brilliant but 'cold' is a great description. I remember sitting freezing in a half empty Goodison during a evening kickoff against Southampton, watching a dirge of a match, considering my life choices! Early Eighties Everton Glory Hunter, my arse!