2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bloke...but like Tubby Ashley and Fatty Koeman, is too keen on the all day English breakfast menu on offer at the the Finch Farm cafe...and when I say 'all day', I mean Salomon eats a LOT of sausages, baked beans, eggs, bacon and toast EVERY hour of every day. But he's now 'family'...and Everton loves overweight, unfit family members...

Nice bloke...but like Tubby Ashley and Fatty Koeman, is too keen on the all day English breakfast menu on offer at the the Finch Farm cafe...and when I say 'all day', I mean Salomon eats a LOT of sausages, baked beans, eggs, bacon and toast EVERY hour of every day. But he's now 'family'...and Everton loves overweight, unfit family members...
sauce?

I agree with this. He hasn’t been good in these first few matches but he wasn’t signed as a starter, it was reasonable to believe he may have had time on the training pitch to get fit and up to pace before being thrown in. He was a free for a reason and I am sure we are not paying him big wages, hence the two year deal.
Once DCL and Richy get back and he is on the bench maybe coming on here and there and possibly starting a few cup games I think we will see the benefit of having a tried and tested player.
Then don't grin like a donkey just because you play like one.

Thing is, I don't even thing he's that fat, I just don't think he's very good.

Even unfit people offer something before they tire themselves out, he just looks useless from minute one

It's a pity he's not a mercenary ..... He could have told the gaffer he's tired, got a private jet to Venezuela to get his nomination for father of the year and do some pre season by smoking a pipe.... Then we may have got to prematurely write Dobbin off before his career has begun.
Apart from possibly the few remaining local lads and exceptions like Coleman , all teams are filled by mercenaries.
They have always been present of course but in the modern era they make up 99% of most teams.
It’s a sad indictment of where the game has progressed to.

Apart from possibly the few remaining local lads and exceptions like Coleman , all teams are filled by mercenaries.
They have always been present of course but in the modern era they make up 99% of most teams.
It’s a sad indictment of where the game has progressed to.

No. I Disagree and it's factually disproven. Look up the principles of Tipping point. It doesn't take many bad eggs to destroy a dressing room - 2 would do it

That lot across the park unfortunately seem to have players who whilst rewarded well ..... Seem to understand the demands of the money they earn.

Being a mercenary isn't just about the money, Ronaldo is on shed loads and is not a mercenary, he wants to win, he demands the bestm

No. I Disagree and it's factually disproven. Look up the principles of Tipping point. It doesn't take many bad eggs to destroy a dressing room - 2 would do it

That lot across the park unfortunately seem to have players who whilst rewarded well ..... Seem to understand the demands of the money they earn.

Being a mercenary isn't just about the money, Ronaldo is on shed loads and is not a mercenary, he wants to win, he demands the bestm
I don't think you can compare us and them unfortunately. They have a winning mentality instilled in the club, from top to bottom. Do we?

The positives are that I'm seeing more players who have fight and less who don't. Before this season started, I'd fallen out of love with Everton. We lost Carlo, we didn't have the "warchest" we thought we would, and we were stuck with a load of players who CBA.

I'm fully in love with them again. Those who don't fight and work hard are standing out like a scouser on the kop.

Rome wasn't built in a day, I just hope we can shift the deadwood and money grabbers and continue bringing in those with fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.