2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people in such a rush to write players off with such venom? It's like a drug to some people. Very strange behaviour.

He's 32, came on a free transfer, and is on around £50k pw by all accounts. People are acting like we've blown our entire transfer budget on him.

But hey, they can smell blood and they want their kill. Absolute vile animals you arare.

I would anticipate he is on much higher than 50k a week. More likely closer to 100k. Especially if you consider no transfer fee so usually that leads to higher wages eg Bernard.

He was on 70k at newcastle, and the rumours are he went to China for between 150k to 250k a week there. He isn't taking 100k a week pay cut from doing nothing over there to come here as a back up, 3rd choice striker.

But as a professional athlete, even if he isn't match sharp, he should be able to get through a match and actually show some effort because as a professional athlete you should be keeping yourself in good shape. So some of the frustration at him isn't really misplaced.

He was on 70k at newcastle, and the rumours are he went to China for between 150k to 250k a week there. He isn't taking 100k a week pay cut from doing nothing over there to come here as a back up, 3rd choice striker.
Tbf I don't think he had much of a choice, they wanted him off the books and he was either out of contract or soon to be out of contract.

He's never in a million years getting another deal like he did in China, so safe bet to come here for 3 years get a decent wage, decent game time and play for a manager he likes and trusts.

I reckon he'll be on about 50k, still 49.5k to much for my liking but not having its anywhere near our top earners

We are not going to get a top striker sitting on our bench, Rondon isn’t a top striker but has proved in the past to be a half decent player in the premier league. Im sure he will improve and become as decent player when we need him, I thought he was ok against UTD, it would be nice if he could get a goal soon as that would give him more confidence going forward.

Agree with the majority of the points above but for me hes a welcome option and can get a goal. Not arsed how much hes on, have already paid my wedge via mine and the kids season tickets so if Rafael sees something in him who am i , after the Grey and Townsend transfers to argue.
Well said.

Agree with the majority of the points above but for me hes a welcome option and can get a goal. Not arsed how much hes on, have already paid my wedge via mine and the kids season tickets so if Rafael sees something in him who am i , after the Grey and Townsend transfers to argue.
While gray and townsend look inspired signings and credit to him for getting them in, I raise you begovic and his 16 goals in 3 games. (Being a bit harsh including the pens but still, 2 goals conceded a game average is still really poor considering 2 of them were championship teams).

And even after his abject displays, lonergan wouldn't get a look in which says it all about him as well. So holding out on throwing full trust in the managers transfers.

Remains to be seen if rondon can "get a goal". Off his recent displays, that would be doubtful, but then, even niasse got to 9 in one season as a 3rd choice striker being managed by koeman and allardyce.

Tbf I don't think he had much of a choice, they wanted him off the books and he was either out of contract or soon to be out of contract.

He's never in a million years getting another deal like he did in China, so safe bet to come here for 3 years get a decent wage, decent game time and play for a manager he likes and trusts.

I reckon he'll be on about 50k, still 49.5k to much for my liking but not having its anywhere near our top earners
Can't get my head around this.... like, that's £50k per WEEK! Times 4 is £200k per month! Times 12 is £1.2million a year. (I know it's more complicated than that but....) It's almost surreal what these guys are on. Not specifically about Rondon but he's a good example of outrageous money for, let's be kind, unspectacular talent. Better than me but I wouldn't charge more than a pint of Chang and a pie!

Can't get my head around this.... like, that's £50k per WEEK! Times 4 is £200k per month! Times 12 is £1.2million a year. (I know it's more complicated than that but....) It's almost surreal what these guys are on. Not specifically about Rondon but he's a good example of outrageous money for, let's be kind, unspectacular talent. Better than me but I wouldn't charge more than a pint of Chang and a pie!
Think your maths is a little out. It's 2.4m a year if 50k a week. So twice as bad as you thought

We are not going to get a top striker sitting on our bench, Rondon isn’t a top striker but has proved in the past to be a half decent player in the premier league. Im sure he will improve and become as decent player when we need him, I thought he was ok against UTD, it would be nice if he could get a goal soon as that would give him more confidence going forward.
We signed Eto when we had Lukaku. You can sign quality older or younger players that are competitive and add quality to your squad.

£50k a week is £2.6 million a year.

Apologies I see you have already been corrected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.