Norwich Tactical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Norwich made the double substitution I think they went 4 at the back and it helped us to create more chances

Godfrey was getting forward and then stopping instead of continuing his runs from out wide into the box he hasn’t got that full back mentality of just bombing forward as he is too concerned about being exposed defensively if the move breaks down

With an opponent like Norwich who are very poor offensively and don’t post any real attacking threat this would have been a great opportunity for Godfrey to not be too concerned defensively and just try and experiment as an attacking full back and make runs into the box or put crosses in. He seemed to just wait for Townsend and play the safe passes and rarely crossed

When Norwich made the double substitution I think they went 4 at the back and it helped us to create more chances

Godfrey was getting forward and then stopping instead of continuing his runs from out wide into the box he hasn’t got that full back mentality of just bombing forward as he is too concerned about being exposed defensively if the move breaks down

With an opponent like Norwich who are very poor offensively and don’t post any real attacking threat this would have been a great opportunity for Godfrey to not be too concerned defensively and just try and experiment as an attacking full back and make runs into the box or put crosses in. He seemed to just wait for Townsend and play the safe passes and rarely crossed
Godfrey hasn't mastered that yet, which is absolutely fine. 48% of our attacks went to our left side yesterday anyway. I do think he got further forward than we've normally seen from him. It's difficult for him when he's played centre back his whole career.

Godrey's def not suited to playing on the right in that set up
that moment when he lashed a ball square when all it needed was an accurate pass to Iwobi's laces and a 8yard tap in, said it all
totally out of his habitat

images

Godrey's def not suited to playing on the right in that set up
that moment when he lashed a ball square when all it needed was an accurate pass to Iwobi's laces and a 8yard tap in, said it all
totally out of his habitat
I thought he done okay. Nothing special but nothing too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.