2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nowhere near fit, but today was better than Villa and QPR performances. Could see him fighting, holding the ball up etc, which hadn't been on display much before today.

But, miles away from being the right level of sharpness and fitness still.

5o88r0.jpg
He was totally trash yesterday but ive seen him play better.

It was like he was one of those big robots from that mad film ‘Pacific Rim’. Maybe inside him, doing the controlling was James Beattie and Big Vic trying their hardest to plod in oppposite directions at the same time. Got to feel for him if that’s the case. Just rumours at this stage. Surprised he didn’t split in half.

he reminds more of those giant trees from lord of the rings … so slow is beyond a joke and lazy to boot

He is not good for my blood pressure , I’m not sure how many more times I can watch him do something dog turd … then the camera zoom in and him sat there flashing his 2m pound fake teeth. Makes my blood boil

We brought Rondon in as cover, it is therefore not unreasonable to expect him to come into the side when we have injuries and at least look like a centre forward. The lack of fitness shout is a nonsense, of course he lacks fitness, he is 32, hasn’t played football at any decent level for 2 years and is over weight.

It will be weeks, if at all, before he regains acceptable fitness levels, which begs the question, why did we bring him in, did we think we wouldn’t have any injuries for 3 months or so while we got him to at least be able to run around the pitch like a footballer?

We brought Rondon in as cover, it is therefore not unreasonable to expect him to come into the side when we have injuries and at least look like a centre forward. The lack of fitness shout is a nonsense, of course he lacks fitness, he is 32, hasn’t played football at any decent level for 2 years and is over weight.

It will be weeks, if at all, before he regains acceptable fitness levels, which begs the question, why did we bring him in, did we think we wouldn’t have any injuries for 3 months or so while we got him to at least be able to run around the pitch like a footballer?
The other question is who else could we have got on a free that was willing to be DCL’s backup snd had PL experience.

It was always going to be a player like him. Diego Costa anyone?

He will get better as his fitness improves and will look somewhat like a PL player. I don’t expect him tearing trees up though. He is backup in line with our summer transfer budget.

He was chasing down the defenders till the end yesterday which is good, but his ball control has been shocking. Hopefully one of Richarlison or DCL are available after the international break and then coming on as a sub the pressure will be off compared to how it is now.

The other question is who else could we have got on a free that was willing to be DCL’s backup snd had PL experience.

It was always going to be a player like him. Diego Costa anyone?

He will get better as his fitness improves and will look somewhat like a PL player. I don’t expect him tearing trees up though. He is backup in line with our summer transfer budget.
Troy Deeney was available for one.
In all seriousness I have no doubt he would have offered more than this lump.
At least he hasn’t spent two seasons overdosing on chicken fried rice.

Troy Deeney was available for one.
In all seriousness I have no doubt he would have offered more than this lump.
At least he hasn’t spent two seasons overdosing on chicken fried rice.
he's played two league games after a four month lay off and no pre season. Of course h'es off the pace. Lets see where he is in a months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.