2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed him last night but he struggles with more than one game a week so sensible to rest him. He would be the preferred partner of all the other 3 so I will revise my opinion and say he is actually our most important CB. If he was just a little quicker he would be world class. Hopefully back in the team Saturday and helping us to 3 points.
This Messy.

The others are competing to play alongside him.

Contract extension must surely be a priority.

This Messy.

The others are competing to play alongside him.

Contract extension must surely be a priority.

Yeah I've always thought he was good its just his niggles that get on my nerves from time to time. If he's managed properly there is no reason why he can't play every weekend and an odd midweek. However I think 5 games in 14 days will always be too much. Just need to get Godfrey back sharp and we will be fine at the back. One of the other 2 can fill in until then. He's also a threat from set pieces which might nick us 3-5 goals a season if he stays available for most. They need to start discussing now but I fear he will want a pay rise and we aren't able to offer that until summer as the terms of any new contract will come into effect immediately.

Yeah I've always thought he was good its just his niggles that get on my nerves from time to time. If he's managed properly there is no reason why he can't play every weekend and an odd midweek. However I think 5 games in 14 days will always be too much. Just need to get Godfrey back sharp and we will be fine at the back. One of the other 2 can fill in until then. He's also a threat from set pieces which might nick us 3-5 goals a season if he stays available for most. They need to start discussing now but I fear he will want a pay rise and we aren't able to offer that until summer as the terms of any new contract will come into effect immediately.
He knows he’s the best CB at the club and he knows his status among the fans.

He will also know the FFP position so if he wants to extend the contract this should be plain sailing.

Status
Not open for further replies.