New Everton Stadium Discussion

is it going to be known as the Bramley Moore dock stadium or do you think they will change the name once it's built?
It will be call the USM Dixie Dean Stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock on the banks of the Royal Blue Mersey (Or something similar ) and it will be a glorious sight to behold
It will be called the 4th Grace by those who live in the city

I lived in everton in a street off Breck Road from 1950 to 1967 and we had Ulster Unionist MP
Everton has never had a Ulster Unionist MP (they may have had those leanings), from 1950 it merged with Liverpool Scotland and has been Labour since. In the early 20th century it was quite often Conservative as large parts of the city were, society and politics was different back then.

Liverpool Scotland elected TP O'Connor for about 40 years from the mid 1880's, he wasn't Sinn Fein but was Irish National Party. Quite a big difference in those times.

I lived in everton in a street off Breck Road from 1950 to 1967 and we had Ulster Unionist MP
There was such a thing as a Protestant Party in Liverpool City Council until the 1960s and they would have taken wards like Netherfield and St Domingo. No such thing as an Ulster Unionist MP though.

Recognising the significance of the name of the site is not rewriting history or indeed something individuals should be ashamed of. Unfortunately some right-leaning people see this as some kind of personal affront. The fact is, this was a largely hidden history for generations. John Bramley Moore continued to operate in this trade and profited from the proceeds long after the abolition.... after which he held high office in local society and was chairman of the port authority. When he died Everton FC were already playing at Anfield..... so it is hardly the ancient history of Vikings and Romans.
there is no significance to the name of the site. It's just a dock. If we follow your advice of 'recognising the significance of the name of the dock' we will soon be tearing down Liverpool brick by brick for ever more. And for what? who benefits? It's a load of virtue signalling garbage put about by fanatics who want to overthrow everything.

If we follow your advice of 'recognising the significance of the name of the dock' we will soon be tearing down Liverpool brick by brick for ever more.

Just FYI, nobody's talking about blowing the whole dock up and building a statue of Karl Marx in its place.

They want to put a plaque up on the hydraulic tower or - at most - maybe have a section of the visitor centre dedicated to the history of the site which will obviously include the bad as well as the good. Shocking stuff!

80 years ago Germany was using slaves to build their roads
And of course Germany has zero memorials to their modern history. Christ, if you're going to pick a country to prove whatever point it is you're making, don't choose Germany!

I know I'll be told to f off as I'm not a blue and it's nothing to do with me or whatever, but the last few pages... :hayee:

there is no significance to the name of the site. It's just a dock. If we follow your advice of 'recognising the significance of the name of the dock' we will soon be tearing down Liverpool brick by brick for ever more. And for what? who benefits? It's a load of virtue signalling garbage put about by fanatics who want to overthrow everything.

The name is significant and now well documented.... for generations it wasn't. It was hidden, and some still want it hidden! No-one is tearing anything down at all... it will be a plaque of recognition, so i would suggest your over reaction to this basic act of referencing our history is far more fanatical than any virtue signalling.