Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This James situation is ridiculous from many angles and needs to be sorted .Other than that what would we expect with the team he had to put out .Early season them playing well and they see the team sheet ! This naming fewer subs is a bit stupid name anyone then at least we don't look fools .

Just finished watching. Any optimism I had soon disappeared when I saw the line up and subs. Was happy with 0-0 at half time but...
Im not putting too much on that result. Win the next 2 games, QPR and Norwich , and this result can be parked. But the next two are games we must win.

If James wasn't on the bench because of Benitez not having him , particularly when your best 2 attackers are missing it is getting beyond ridiculous.
Don't use the fitness argument because his boy Rondon who offered nothing was blowing for tugs after 15 minutes.

We desperately missed our three best players at Villa Park and we were desperately unlucky with the Digne own goal. A bad day at the office but definitely not a portent of things to come. We will bounce back from this defeat.

I was actually at Villa Park last night (Holte End) because my son lives in Birmingham and I was so impressed by the atmosphere. The Villa fans got behind their players from the first whistle to the last. They were every bit the proverbial 12th man.
Surprised to hear you were impressed by the home fans in all honesty. Other than after they’d scored, from the away end I could hardly hear a peep from the Holte end (though I was sat as far away from them as possible). Though when they were winning the whole ground was very noisy. In fairness I sit in the Park End at Goodison and sometimes can’t hear the Gwladys, even when my Gwlady’s mates say it was noisy, so maybe it’s just my hearing going with my age lol

Don't think we played that badly at all, especially given there injuries. Thought their serving was lucky and then we lost shape pushing forward.

Scandalous that Gray didn't get that FK as well and a possible red there would have changed the game.

I thought we did alright up until we conceded the first goal. I don't think Rondon looks match fit yet, Godfrey clearly suffering from the illness and lack of match fitness. And the usual reliable Lucas Digne is having a poor start to the season. I hope Lucas Digne recovers from this game and start performing.

With 4 of our very very key players injured, seems like we will be without them for few weeks. I think that will be a test for the squad and Rafael.

There's a reason why people blame the obvious...

Also, you have an agenda against the "Oaf". I guarantee if this was the other way round you'd be blaming Keane and and wouldn't mention Digne at all.
We have played five matches this season. Keane has been involved and at fault, to varying degrees, to goals conceded in almost every game. Every opposition manager and player sees this too, this will continue until we drop/sell him.

We have played five matches this season. Keane has been involved and at fault, to varying degrees, to goals conceded in almost every game. Every opposition manager and player sees this too, this will continue until we drop/sell him.
With Keane and Mina you have to play so deep as there’s no pace with them pair and you throw digne into that and we probably have the slowest defence in the league. Need to find the best CB partnership (Mina/Godfrey) for me but one where we aren’t inviting them onto us every 2 seconds

Just finished watching. Any optimism I had soon disappeared when I saw the line up and subs. Was happy with 0-0 at half time but...
Im not putting too much on that result. Win the next 2 games, QPR and Norwich , and this result can be parked. But the next two are games we must win.
Well it looks like we have the same players available (not available) for those two games

Agreed, but playing well in those was also down to in large part having penalties and we won't have one every time out. So that's for me the difference in attack to a game like today. We'll need a bit extra quality.
Yep, it showed today

albeit, our two best players missing, but nobody will look at the front four that played yesterday and be scared of it

Status
Not open for further replies.