Talking about our Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

APN_EFC

Player Valuation: £25m
Hi everyone
Can you direct me to thread, (or can we make one?) that is more objective and less personal, and more about tactics, strategy and really football stuff. I would love to have conversations about how players are running, passing, defending, attacking, about shape, strategy and tactics. Because we're a mix of people - some experts, some with coaching, playing experience, all of us have watched a lot, I'd love to share opinions and see how players are doing and how the team is responding, particularly as we seem to have a Coach who is working on different ideas. It's rare now to find managers who don't just buy their way to success, so being forced into a period of money saving will be interesting.

Nowadays we re spending A LOT of time talking about social media posts, appearance, assuming that we know what's going in players' minds, about their lifestyles, wealth etc. I know it's hard because the PL is entertainment and all about money, but it would be nice to strip it down and talk just about actual football on the pitch.

instead of just 'He can't run', 'He's slow' , 'He's Fat', 'he's a money-grabbing waster etc', let me know if we can take a different approach!

For example:
James should not play because he's an egotistical waster who chooses when he plays and is always on holiday in his private jet'
> could change to >
If James plays, the tactics need to be this, and we need so and so players around him

For example
DCL is never gonna be Kane until he stops spending time and money on clothes
> could change to>
DCL is good at X,Y,Z, and needs to work on this, and this kind of tactic is good for him.

Just seems to me I don't find anyone to talk about actual football...

Thanks for reading

so being forced into a period of money saving will be interesting.
:Blink:

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again, into the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground.

Same as it ever was.

Last edited:
Hi everyone
Can you direct me to thread, (or can we make one?) that is more objective and less personal, and more about tactics, strategy and really football stuff. I would love to have conversations about how players are running, passing, defending, attacking, about shape, strategy and tactics. Because we're a mix of people - some experts, some with coaching, playing experience, all of us have watched a lot, I'd love to share opinions and see how players are doing and how the team is responding, particularly as we seem to have a Coach who is working on different ideas. It's rare now to find managers who don't just buy their way to success, so being forced into a period of money saving will be interesting.

Nowadays we re spending A LOT of time talking about social media posts, appearance, assuming that we know what's going in players' minds, about their lifestyles, wealth etc. I know it's hard because the PL is entertainment and all about money, but it would be nice to strip it down and talk just about actual football on the pitch.

instead of just 'He can't run', 'He's slow' , 'He's Fat', 'he's a money-grabbing waster etc', let me know if we can take a different approach!

For example:
James should not play because he's an egotistical waster who chooses when he plays and is always on holiday in his private jet'
> could change to >
If James plays, the tactics need to be this, and we need so and so players around him

For example
> could change to>
DCL is good at X,Y,Z, and needs to work on this, and this kind of tactic is good for him.

Thanks for reading
I’d be happy to talk about actual football if James wasn’t such an egotistical waster

Hi everyone

For example:
> could change to >

For example
> could change to>

Thanks for reading
The 5 Gs: Get it, Give it, Go, Get it back, Give it, repeat as required.
Short Version: score more than you concede
Even shorter version: WIN.
Sorted

Edit; Football is a simple kids game, overcomplicted by over thinking

Hi everyone

For example:
> could change to >

For example
> could change to>

Thanks for reading
Good luck with that!

Sorted

I am broadly in favour of this. My own version is the

Shoot, Score, Win

Or SSW tactic. Mostly concerned with creating chances to score goals and scoring goals, less concerned with overall possession stats or number of passes in a game.

I am broadly in favour of this. My own version is the

Shoot, Score, Win

Or SSW tactic. Mostly concerned with creating chances to score goals and scoring goals, less concerned with overall possession stats or number of passes in a game.
This: Henry VI, Part 2, Act IV, Scene 2; The first thing we do, let's kill all the Stattos

Football is a simple game. I used to tell my team inspirational things like "do more betterer than them" and "put ball in t' onion net ffs" and "pain is our friend " and "come on."

Generally did the job.

For tough games I'd express the importance of equalising before they score.

Sorted

Could be 6 or more Gs depending on how many Garys you have in the team.

James can't run he's got scurvy from his hols. As for gbamin he's got bad breath according to the official website. As for the others running depends what they had for breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.