Match Thread Huddersfield Town v Everton, Carabao Cup - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the fans to blame when they have put unnecessary pressure on him to beat the "59 points" from last season.

Fans cant have it both ways.

The team put out would have won anyway had the officials not been useless.

Good goal chalked off and a player down when it barely warranted a yellow card.

I highly doubt Benitez reads fans forums.

He will know he needs to beat 59pts.

We have totally lost the plot, we have stopped playing , they are supposed to be professional footballers, get your foot on the ball and stop panicking.
It's embarrassing and we have seen some crap in our time.

Any manager who thinks its acceptable to disrespect a cup competition isn't fit to manage us. Whatever happens, this selection was disgraceful and we deserve nothing from the match.
He should have had DCL on the bench - I said that before the game. However, the fact we have a paper thin squad is a valid excuse for him to use.

The fame is going on around him and all this fool wanted to do was confront an opponent.
I'd call that idiotic Steve , but obviously you think it's what a player should do.
The player gets a great opportunity to show what he can do and that is the result.
He didn't do anything to justify being called an idiot, but the Kean haters will look at it that way. No way was that a red card...not even a yellow....more of get the two players together and shake hands. The game has gone mad.

I don’t want to harp on about it but that bloody Florida Cup win has made the rest of the season a bit meaningless. Our brave lionhearts scaled Everest early doors...won the pot...and now there’s not a lot to play for. Next season, we should play preseason games (where a trophy is at stake) at the end of the season. There should always be an Everest to climb otherwise our brave lionhearts lose interest

Status
Not open for further replies.