Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course, but lets not pretend football as a career is anything like a normal persons job. Pretty much all footballers start playing football because they love it and dream about making it one day.

He could also earn a lot of money in Europe and potentially have a shot at the big time. It's his choice but still disappointing.

Edit: @ToffeeTim has basically expressed my exact thoughts except more eloquently. What he said.
I get what your saying but he has already made it? He is a professional that has been at Benfica and WBA who are both enormous clubs that make players into millionaires

Not just with him, its any footballer, Varane clearly has no ambition because Man Utd dont win things, but he signed for the pay check

I get what your saying but he has already made it? He is a professional that has been at Benfica and WBA who are both enormous clubs that make players into millionaires

Not just with him, its any footballer, Varane clearly has no ambition because Man Utd dont win things, but he signed for the pay check
MP has a good chance at stepping up to the next level I would say. To be fair he's a bit older than I thought so maybe he doesn't feel like clubs will want him other than the likes of us and west ham etc. Its just a shame to see talent waste away in some farmers league.

I mean Varane already has a trophy cabinet fit to burst, I'd say he's earned a chance for a new shot somewhere else. If he won the league at Man U he'd probably go down as one of the best CBs in his generation.

MP has a good chance at stepping up to the next level I would say. To be fair he's a bit older than I thought so maybe he doesn't feel like clubs will want him other than the likes of us and west ham etc. Its just a shame to see talent waste away in some farmers league.

I mean Varane already has a trophy cabinet fit to burst, I'd say he's earned a chance for a new shot somewhere else. If he won the league at Man U he'd probably go down as one of the best CBs in his generation.
What im saying is MP has also earned his chance to go anywhere he wants because he is professional footballer, being that alone is earning it

Ben White would be the best English centreback of his generation too if Arsenal win the league, they have the same chance at winning the league as Man Utd, Ferguson isn't in charge anymore

Still doesn't change the fact Varane has "no ambition", he is signing for the paycheck

To be honest as much as were desperate for a right back...id say Coleman + Kenny for a season OR wasting €15mil+ is a tough one.

As for the actual scouting, im mindblown that for 3 seasons of needing one and not signing one we havent been linked with anyone left field.

Aarons, Emerson and Dalot are my picks...someone mentioned the Brazilian Gabriel Menino whose also played there.

My outside shout is Rensch from Ajax...he'll be the Holland right back very soon.
Don't know why you have such a hard off for Dumfries Zat. I think he'd be ideal bombing down the right playing behind somebody like James who likes to cut in. It would allow us to play 3 mobile players in midfield and the system would also allow James to find more space to do his magic.

From the looks of it the bid in question is from Al-Hilal in the UAE? I guess you can't blame a guy who has come from little for taking the money but surely his ambitions should be higher, he's a decent little player.

If someone was offering to up your 30k a week wages to around £150k+ i'm sure you'd take that too. Especially when the alternative is West Ham, Everton or the likes.

Don't know why you have such a hard off for Dumfries Zat. I think he'd be ideal bombing down the right playing behind somebody like James who likes to cut in. It would allow us to play 3 mobile players in midfield and the system would also allow James to find more space to do his magic.

I get why Zat doesn't fancy him - you can see some limitations with him. he isn't particularly technical, we don't really know much about his defensive abilities (aside from playing as a wing back for Holland recently and spending most of his time attacking, PSV don't have to do *that* much defending in the Eredivisie either) and, in a fair point he makes, in none of Dumfries's highlight videos nor at Euro 2020 do you see him cross the ball in the air (which might not be a great thing given we have DCL and Richarlison in the box), it's actually pretty startling that you NEVER see it, it's always low driven balls or cut backs, which is fine, but it leads you to think that he maybe crosses like Coleman if he's forced to put some air on it? Dunno.

Anyway, the bit Zat underestimates for me is how much pace and athleticism can mean in a league like ours and the lad is a specimen. Fast, gets up and down, big, good in the air, strong, always wants to overlap.

Personally, while I accept all the points he's made, I'd still fancy taking a punt on him at the sort of money they've been talking about.

I get why Zat doesn't fancy him - you can see some limitations with him. he isn't particularly technical, we don't really know much about his defensive abilities (aside from playing as a wing back for Holland recently and spending most of his time attacking, PSV don't have to do *that* much defending in the Eredivisie either) and, in a fair point he makes, in none of Dumfries's highlight videos nor at Euro 2020 do you see him cross the ball in the air (which might not be a great thing given we have DCL and Richarlison in the box), it's actually pretty startling that you NEVER see it, it's always low driven balls or cut backs, which is fine, but it leads you to think that he maybe crosses like Coleman if he's forced to put some air on it? Dunno.

Anyway, the bit Zat underestimates for me is how much pace and athleticism can mean in a league like ours and the lad is a specimen. Fast, gets up and down, big, good in the air, strong, always wants to overlap.

Personally, while I accept all the points he's made, I'd still fancy taking a punt on him at the sort of money they've been talking about.

For PSV i watched him when Lozano was there and he looked like everyone that likes him has said...a physical beast, bombing up and down...winning mentality etc...wow!

Then you see his lack of ball control. You wonder why hes not putting a cross in, instead running towards defenders or playing it along the floor into the 1st man in the box...ball bouncing around like a pinball machine which doesnt happen in england.

Once you see this a few times its impossible not to notice...then you factor in that hes playing in Holland and the size of some of these 'technical' players hes playing against and it becomes clear that he is all about physicality.

I dont see Dumfries getting past Digne or Godfrey...someone like Aarons would have options to cut inside or cross from deep if he couldnt beat a left back....Dumfries cant cross and whats he going to do cutting inside?

For the Dutch league hes got an advantage...in England i dont see the physicality being such an advantage when he has clear weaknesses.

I have said before, £13mil im ok with it for a season or two if we plan to then sign a starter and he is a squad player. However, seeing that £13mil may be fairly valuable to us with FFP and my wanting us to sign a long term starter...i wouldnt do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.