Getting annoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue that love for Everton is fueling our anti Benitez stance. How can you love Everton as much as us, when you're happy with Rafael the Red as manager??
I was anti Benitez as anyone, but he’s Everton’s manager now, and I love Everton so I’ll back him. Like I pointed out earlier he’s done a lot more than you to prove he want to be part of the club but you didn’t wanna engage.

Some people see the big picture.

To talk about a snide comment made years before to pander to the fanbase of the club he was managing is quite frankly embarrassing.

He's been selected as a safe pair of hands while we transition towards the new stadium.

Personally i think he will give us a lot more, the discipline and work ethic that has been sorely lacking for so long.

On a footballing level i agree with his appointment 100%. If some people want to hold the opinion that despite being the choice of the board and vastly qualified, because he managed Liverpool and hurt their feelings over a decade ago he shouldn't get the job then that's up to them.
At the outset, let me start with saying, I abso-fuxxing-lutely hate what Benitez said about Everton "oh-so-many" years ago. But, he is Everton manager right now, so I will hold my tongue while he is here.

To address the name-calling some of us have started: Calling Benitez-haters as anti-Everton is just reaching in my opinion (Yes, it's an opinion, and you can chuck it down the ..., but it is out there anyway :p ).

While I agree with the point made that he made those comments to pander to the fanbase, does that not show that is what he is... A panderer (If at that's a word). Yesterday, he pandered to what the Red fans wanted, now he is pandering to what the Blue-fans will want, tomorrow if he ends with some other club, he will pander to them. He seems to be too insecure to not give a damn about non-footballing stuff. So would we be OK, if he goes somewhere and started bad-mouthing Everton again, because he "pandering" to those fans now.

As I posted somewhere else sometimes back, Excepting a stint with Chelsea, a season with Napoli What can we point to as Benitez excellent record (You can point to NewCastle, but do we want to take Championship results in consideration). Is that the success that we want?

He said what he said and then later claimed he was mis-quoted(?). When did he claim that? Did he admit he was mistaken when he was the Red's manager, even afterwards. He said that when he was being considered as a candidate for Everton's revolving managerial chair sometimes after-Martinez-before-Ancelotti. That just shows that the guy will say whatever is needed to line his pockets. And that makes me hate his ideology even more. Benitez does Benitez, he doesn't give diddly-squat about the fans / anything else. There's this thing called as pride-in-what-you-are. I won't like if any tom, [shortform-for-Richard] or Rafael gets to call us whatever the hell he/she wants because, you know... "Big picture". I am not going to like it if some "superstar" calls us names and then because he wants to curry favour with us says he was mistaken.

Do I condone some-of-the more aggressive supporters putting up banners? Hell no. That's just abhorrent, but do I like him just because he is the Everton manager? Hell no for that as well.

Repeating again, so long as he is Everton manager, he has my silence, not support yet. I will not be criticizing anything football-related while he is here. And of course, this is just a personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it.

[EDIT]: changed couple of words that might sound offensive. I did not realize the [shortform of Richard] would be turning into an offensive word when taken in isolation. :D

Last edited:

Inappropriate Behaviour
At the outset, let me start with saying, I abso-fuxxing-lutely hate what Benitez said about Everton "oh-so-many" years ago. But, he is Everton manager right now, so I will hold my tongue while he is here.

To address the name-calling some of us have started: Calling Benitez-haters as anti-Everton is just reaching in my opinion (Yes, it's an opinion, and you can chuck it down the ..., but it is out there anyway :p ).

While I agree with the point made that he made those comments to pander to the fanbase, does that not show that is what he is... A panderer (If at that's a word). Yesterday, he pandered to what the Red fans wanted, now he is pandering to what the Blue-fans will want, tomorrow if he ends with some other club, he will pander to them. He seems to be too insecure to not give a [Poor language removed] about non-footballing stuff. So would we be OK, if he goes somewhere and started bad-mouthing Everton again, because he "pandering" to those fans now.

As I posted somewhere else sometimes back, Excepting a stint with Chelsea, a season with Napoli What can we point to as Benitez excellent record (You can point to NewCastle, but do we want to take Championship results in consideration). Is that the success that we want?

He said what he said and then later claimed he was mis-quoted(?). When did he claim that? Did he admit he was mistaken when he was the Red's manager, even afterwards. He said that when he was being considered as a candidate for Everton's revolving managerial chair sometimes after-Martinez-before-Ancelotti. That just shows that the guy will say whatever is needed to line his pockets. And that makes me hate his ideology even more. Benitez does Benitez, he doesn't give diddly-squat about the fans / anything else. There's this thing called as pride-in-what-you-are. I won't like if any tom, [Poor language removed] or Rafael gets to call us whatever the hell he/she wants because, you know... "Big picture". I am not going to like it if some "superstar" calls us names and then because he wants to curry favour with us says he was mistaken.

Do I condone some-of-the more aggressive supporters putting up banners? Hell no. That's just abhorrent, but do I like him just because he is the Everton manager? Hell no for that as well.

Repeating again, so long as he is Everton manager, he has my silence, not support yet. I will not be criticizing anything football-related while he is here. And of course, this is just a personal opinion, so feel free to ignore it.
With respect the people wishing the Everton manager to fail then they are anti Everton. Like I said I wasn’t pro Benitez at all but he’s here and he’s done a hell of a lot more than the simpletons across the Irish Sea have done to prove he wants to be here.

With respect the people wishing the Everton manager to fail then they are anti Everton. Like I said I wasn’t pro Benitez at all but he’s here and he’s done a hell of a lot more than the simpletons across the Irish Sea have done to prove he wants to be here.
Assuming you are pointing to my post about Benitez (If you are not, ignore), does my post imply that I want Benitez to fail? If that does for you, then I am sorry that you think so, but if you read it carefully you will find that nowhere am I saying that he should fail.

As I repeatedly said, he has my silence for now, I will not be criticizing things till he has had a chance to manage Everton for a season.

And I honestly did not get the simpletons-across-the-Irish-sea jibe that you have there. What's that about? :)

While I agree with the point made that he made those comments to pander to the fanbase, does that not show that is what he is... A panderer (If at that's a word). Yesterday, he pandered to what the Red fans wanted, now he is pandering to what the Blue-fans will want, tomorrow if he ends with some other club, he will pander to them. He seems to be too insecure to not give a [Poor language removed] about non-footballing stuff. So would we be OK, if he goes somewhere and started bad-mouthing Everton again, because he "pandering" to those fans now.

He said what he said and then later claimed he was mis-quoted(?). When did he claim that? Did he admit he was mistaken when he was the Red's manager, even afterwards. He said that when he was being considered as a candidate for Everton's revolving managerial chair sometimes after-Martinez-before-Ancelotti. That just shows that the guy will say whatever is needed to line his pockets. And that makes me hate his ideology even more. Benitez does Benitez, he doesn't give diddly-squat about the fans / anything else. There's this thing called as pride-in-what-you-are. I won't like if any tom, [Poor language removed] or Rafael gets to call us whatever the hell he/she wants because, you know... "Big picture". I am not going to like it if some "superstar" calls us names and then because he wants to curry favour with us says he was mistaken.

He's a mercenary but he is a dedicated one.

People have got the right to hold grudges but if their objection to Benitez is that over a decade before he hurt their feelings then they are happy to value their sensitivity over making a decision in the best interests of the club.

If people object on a footballing level then that's fair enough, i find an objection on the grounds that he made a rude remark over a generation ago to be infantile and short sighted.

Assuming you are pointing to my post about Benitez (If you are not, ignore), does my post imply that I want Benitez to fail? If that does for you, then I am sorry that you think so, but if you read it carefully you will find that nowhere am I saying that he should fail.

As I repeatedly said, he has my silence for now, I will not be criticizing things till he has had a chance to manage Everton for a season.

And I honestly did not get the simpletons-across-the-Irish-sea jibe that you have there. What's that about? :)
Your silence isn’t a ringing endorsement, in fact it could be read as being negative, but no I was talking about the posters that actually wish we fail because of our manager. The Irish Sea comment was aimed at cork.

That one hurt. Alleviated a bit by the comedic value of the Straq and Drenthe pairing

It was painful. We sold Arteta way below value. He was made there captain immediately. I think you are off by a year or two. It was the Jan 2012 window when we binned off Bily for the Jelavic purple patch

He's a mercenary but he is a dedicated one.

People have got the right to hold grudges but if their objection to Benitez is that over a decade before he hurt their feelings then they are happy to value their sensitivity over making a decision in the best interests of the club.

If people object on a footballing level then that's fair enough, i find an objection on the grounds that he made a rude remark over a generation ago to be infantile and short sighted.
Then we both agree he is a mercenary, though I question how does he become a dedicated one. If he changes his tunes according to the situation, is that dedicated? Questionable....

Oh, I do get that being practical-look-at-the-big-picture point of view. The point is two folds, one do we let anyone say whatever the heck they want to and keep silent because you know "big-picture"? Second, was hiring Benitez the only best option available. I am not sure, but as I do not know the working of the club, I do not comment on the whole who should have been hired discussion. He has managed for a lot of years, true, but after Liverpool has his career graph been on an upward trajectory? Questionable

And as I keep on saying, I have issues with the man, so long as he is the manager with us, I accept the decision of the board and support the club the best as I can.

Your silence isn’t a ringing endorsement, in fact it could be read as being negative, but no I was talking about the posters that actually wish we fail because of our manager. The Irish Sea comment was aimed at cork.
Silence is the best I can give right now. Maybe over a period of time, I might start being more positive (and that would have nothing to do with results to be honest). Am I negative about him achieving success at Everton? Hell no. If he does well, more power to him than me.

I just don't like this "let-the-old-slights-go-because-now-he-is-ours" thing.

I did not and do not want him as manager,saying that did any of the players we have taken across the park ever say anything about us before they came ? Have any of the players they have gotten from us ever said something derogatory about them ? Of course ,this is football .Kissing the badge then moving on is just part of their lives .Better they do that than just come for the manager and want to leave when he does ! Yes James it is you I am talking about .
Look at Lukaku he will go anywhere and say anything ,no effort at all.Just give him the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.