Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next year is our goal to make it happen. We hope by then we are in a better place regarding covid as our dream is to do a road trip around Europe for 4-5 weeks.

Such a fun place to watch matches. The one issue you can run into if you're traveling with kids is that the school year here (and there) is generally correspondent with the PL season, so the when the kids are out of school the PL season ends, and it doesn't begin until (roughly) the kids are back in school. So it's hard to catch a league game, but you can catch some preseason matches in early August.

Or just take your kids out of school early...as one month in Liverpool is better than one month in school in the US.

Looking at some team and league comparisons, Pumas are rated similar to Wycombe, Birmingham, Hull, Peterborough (and Standard Liege). Of course you would think they would also have a fitness advantage, given that their season has started.
The highest rated Mexican teams would be on a par with the teams that made the Championship playoffs.

Sounds about right.

Such a fun place to watch matches. The one issue you can run into if you're traveling with kids is that the school year here (and there) is generally correspondent with the PL season, so the when the kids are out of school the PL season ends, and it doesn't begin until (roughly) the kids are back in school. So it's hard to catch a league game, but you can catch some preseason matches in early August.

Or just take your kids out of school early...as one month in Liverpool is better than one month in school in the US.
Lucky you that have experienced it. Yes, we had already thought about the school year so we probably have to make it to Liverpool early August. We usually don’t mind our daughter missing a few days of school when we travel but that year she will be starting middle school so we have to be more thoughtful because of that. But we still are going to do our best to make it work, even if it is preseason games I will be happy to attend.

Sounds magic. More than happy to stand you and Mr Sass a pint (thats a beer), in a pretty English village pub just south of Bristol.
It has been my hubby and my dream for many years to do such a trip. He and I did a road trip around the US for three months before our daughter was born and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

That sounds lovely, Mr. Sass is big on English beer.

Oppressively hot seems like the right term for Florida too. If that was your wife’s first Everton experience no wonder she got traumatized. Did Everton win or lose that time?
Everton won 3-1. That was one of the first times Barkley played (I think). Genuinely thought he was going to be amazing for us.
Nah, she’s not a big fan of sports but shirtless Baines was a highlight :)

I really hope so, I would be so very grateful. I was reading on the match ticket thread that tickets becoming digital may make it harder to transfer or sell tickets and that got me totally deflated.
I hope not as I was hoping it would make things easier..... ever the optimist. I guess we'll find out more when they release full details. There is always a way to sort something out though ?

Everton won 3-1. That was one of the first times Barkley played (I think). Genuinely thought he was going to be amazing for us.
Nah, she’s not a big fan of sports but shirtless Baines was a highlight :)
Sounds like you have as good experience as me except for the heat. Show any girl no big on sports a shirtless soccer player and that always makes a good highlight lol

Looking at some team and league comparisons, Pumas are rated similar to Wycombe, Birmingham, Hull, Peterborough (and Standard Liege). Of course you would think they would also have a fitness advantage, given that their season has started.
The highest rated Mexican teams would be on a par with the teams that made the Championship playoffs.
I was underwhelmed by Pumas but impressed by Millonarios. They were a cohesive unit and they played with gusto. They came to beat us and very well could have.

I was underwhelmed by Pumas but impressed by Millonarios. They were a cohesive unit and they played with gusto. They came to beat us and very well could have.
Nacional play even better than Millonarios yesterday, it was a very entertaining match. I was impressed by Millonarios fans, they were loud, very enthusiastic and had several catchy songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.