Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this support him cos hes Everton manager is bollocks.

I can still support Everton whilst hoping and praying that the fat kopite gets sacked ASAP.

I support Everton Football Club, not its players, manager, owner or DoF.
It's a slippery slope that though. If you stop supporting all the people in charge, eventually you end up just supporting the club chef and his little cakes that spell out "NSNO" in Smarties.

It really is no wonder people think we are a mid table , mid of the road club. We all would love to have appointed someone like Conte... we all know it wasn't ever going to happen, the board went for somebody with a history of success and a knowledge of the Premiership.... unfortunately he also has a record of success with our neighbours.
Some wanted Harry Potter or Sean Dyche or even Eddie Howe.

I can well understand the reservations that people may have that the manager is a spent force, although since his appointment I have seen more energy from him than I did in eighteen months from Carlo.

But, the objections seem to be that he is ex Liverpool and fat. Which, is possibly ironic as I would guess that some mentioning his weight could probably look in their own mirror.
It is like people thinking Andre Gomes is a good footballer because he is handsome. You would struggle to make it up.

There is so much focus on the manager and his history that the team is almost a sideshow.

Gerrard said himself he would never manage Everton as he's a Red and the rivalry is too big.

Only those still drinking the kool aid think Benitez is some dyed in the wool RS.
So we should all step to and listen to Slippy G now, and take what he says without question? Is that what you are saying?

It really is no wonder people think we are a mid table , mid of the road club. We all would love to have appointed someone like Conte... we all know it wasn't ever going to happen, the board went for somebody with a history of success and a knowledge of the Premiership.... unfortunately he also has a record of success with our neighbours.
Some wanted Harry Potter or Sean Dyche or even Eddie Howe.

I can well understand the reservations that people may have that the manager is a spent force, although since his appointment I have seen more energy from him than I did in eighteen months from Carlo.

But, the objections seem to be that he is ex Liverpool and fat. Which, is possibly ironic as I would guess that some mentioning his weight could probably look in their own mirror.
It is like people thinking Andre Gomes is a good footballer because he is handsome. You would struggle to make it up.

There is so much focus on the manager and his history that the team is almost a sideshow.

I was very critical of the appointment, and was quite clear I wanted a younger coach who would suit a more youth orientated approach, but so far I think he has spoken well and seems to have an approach that is based in the realism of what is required.

My acid test is always, would a Dortmund/Sevilla/Roma/Leverkusen etc make such an appointment. I could see a world where they would.

He’s not a kopite him

JadedDamagedKitfox-max-1mb.gif

And his alleged tendency towards ´tough love’ was going to be just what Barkley, among others, needed!!!
I disliked the abominable Koeman with a passion: there was no one more pleased than me when all the family and guests at his daughter’s beach wedding got burnt feet because Fatty’s shipment of jandals got ‘lost in the post’.
However, regarding Roscoe’s departure, I am not sure we can lay 100% of the blame for that at Fatty’s door. The fatwa imposed on Roscoe kind of insisted Roscoe leave town. Now, Roscoe is not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but goosing a gangsta’s mother was very ill-advised. Yes, I appreciate Roscoe and Bethany Jo are trying to make a go of it down in the midlands but BJ’s milf-ish attractiveness is rapidly becoming more GILF than MILF.
Anyway, back to Fatty K: I wish him nothing but bad luck every day of his obese corpulent existence.

I note there are comparisons being made between the energy levels being exhibited by Rafael and those we saw from Barney. Barney Ancelotti demonstrated energy levels that comparatively make atoms existing at zero degrees Kelvin, look positively fizzing with vitality. In other words, using the clueless, Everton-era Barney as any measure of good managership makes for a very moot excercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.