Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
''

Aye, the rejects and kids played better than the first teamers.
I think also 5 changes were made and it caught Millonarios out and they responded slowly (only making their changes after the hour mark).

Gomes was the key. He was a lot more direct through the middle and the game turned on his introduction. The rest of the team took confidence in the way he was cutting through and pinning them back.

That said, who out of all the kids on the pitch second half looked capable of commanding a first team position? None really. I liked how Gibson looked moving the ball about and working with Keane - he slotted in at the back, but he was guilty of a couple of alarming balls that were intercepted; Broadhead looked third rate as a finisher; Anderson wasn't great positionally in the time he had on the pitch; Gordon didn't do enough this time out.

We need to see more of these lads, but it'd be folly not to look be bringing 2 or 3 quality players into the positions we desperately need filling.

I think also 5 changes were made and it caught Millonarios out and they responded slowly (only making their changes after the hour mark).

Gomes was the key. He was a lot more direct through the middle and the game turned on his introduction. The rest of the team took confidence in the way he was cutting through and pinning them back.

That said, who out of all the kids on the pitch second half looked capable of commanding a first team position? None really. I liked how Gibson looked moving the ball about and working with Keane - he slotted in at the back, but he was guilty of a couple of alarming balls that were intercepted; Broadhead looked third rate as a finisher; Anderson wasn't great positionally in the time he had on the pitch; Gordon didn't do enough this time out.

We need to see more of these lads, but it'd be folly not to look be bringing 2 or 3 quality players into the positions we desperately need filling.
Broadhead fell over successfully.
When Richarlison does that he's usually named Man of the Match.

The Bangor press are going wild for him

Broadhead fell over successfully.
When Richarlison does that he's usually named Man of the Match.

The Bangor press are going wild for him
It was a strange incident. He got the pen, fair enough. But he hesitated badly just prior to that GK lunge when a natural finisher would have got their feet and brain sorted out to get a shot off.

He did well and badly at the same time, if you follow?

It was a strange incident. He got the pen, fair enough. But he hesitated badly just prior to that GK lunge when a natural finisher would have got their feet and brain sorted out to get a shot off.

He did well and badly at the same time, if you follow?
They probably get talked to that much about maximising contact and going over these days that he was probably too busy deciding if it was one of those situations or not, rather than having a go.

Just needs to be in that situation a bit more so he doesn't over think it.

They probably get talked to that much about maximising contact and going over these days that he was probably too busy deciding if it was one of those situations or not, rather than having a go.

Just needs to be in that situation a bit more so he doesn't over think it.
Maybe.

The later chance he had to lift the ball over the oncoming GK who'd pretty much sat down for him suggests he needs a lot of one on ones.

I'd like to see him and the others again though. That's the most fruitful thing Benitez can do with these games. He knows what the first team can do - which is why I think we'll see a lot more outgoings and more incomings as the window begins to close.

I have no idea who Anderson was/is. I follow the club closely and have a reasonable grasp of who the youth prospects are and I never heard of him. Obviously I missed him but if you told me that he was the winner of the Florida Cup Camping World Be-a-Fullback-For-a-Day contest I would have accepted that uncritically

I have no idea who Anderson was/is. I follow the club closely and have a reasonable grasp of who the youth prospects are and I never heard of him. Obviously I missed him but if you told me that he was the winner of the Florida Cup Camping World Be-a-Fullback-For-a-Day contest I would have accepted that uncritically
Glad I wasn't only one confused by "Joe Anderson is getting ready to come on."

Far too fat to be running around in that heat.

Gomes was playing some great first time forward balls that pinned Millonairos back. He was very good.
Thought he started the half really well, taking the ball under pressure and getting it moving.

just got a little sloppy as the half went on when he was tiring a bit

Did anyone manage to get the game on their TV via the everton app on Sunday?

I couldnt see an Everton app on my smart TV store or on the apple TV store either so I was forced into watching it on my tablet. My best bet seems to be linking my laptop to the TV via cable at the minute but wondered if anyone had managed it without it being that fiddly?

Did anyone manage to get the game on their TV via the everton app on Sunday?

I couldnt see an Everton app on my smart TV store or on the apple TV store either so I was forced into watching it on my tablet. My best bet seems to be linking my laptop to the TV via cable at the minute but wondered if anyone had managed it without it being that fiddly?
I opened the website on my phone on chrome- the cast it to TV via the usual symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.