Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise that if they all changed into matching tops and made sure to be looking at the camera it would look more arranged and staged than teams who have won the World Cup or Champions League?

Lining up in matching kit and taking the picture seriously? Guaranteed laughing stock territory. I doubt their minds are scrambled with their overly "hyped" feelings about winning a sub-Community Shield pre-season pot in a tournament that two teams pulled out of.

All these lads would have played more prestigious games at youth level. Digne & Gomes have a few league titles and domestic cups under their belts. Iwobi has won a FA Cup. Seamus Coleman probably won more meaningful games playing Gaelic Football as a young lad.

But apparently they should go full John Terry. Sensational stuff.

Mate. It's ok.
At least a similar training top thrown on, or at least the greys or the blacks or the blues? It's not that hard. It's a pure marketing sponsorship tournament, so as they're not dancing and singing and going crazy with a celebration, may as well do a semi-staged photo at least. Anyway goodnight.

Mate, pretending this "trophy" is something meaningful would only show small club mentality and prove FSW was right 14 years ago. There's no need for that.

its a PR exercise cup. Florida Cup organisers take it seriously. A couple of good photos (with James in them!) would be useful for US marketing .

The performance second half from a lot of youngsters and Gomes was pleasing.

They all seemed to know what was expected of them; we had a manager in the technical area involved; we won a match against a team right in the middle of their season in with reason to be more match tight.

What is there in that to denigrate?

I agree with you Dave. Second half was easy on the eye. Some good pens at the end too

That first half though with more established players was ugly, dinosaur hoof ball.

I take it all with a grain of salt at the end of the day. Preseason.

Slightly mad decision by someone at Everton to show every penalty in the shootout in the highlights of the game, but barely any of the match itself.

3 minutes of the 4:39 are taken up by the shootout, but we don’t even get to see the foul that lead to Everton’s penalty during the match.

It's preseason so I don't really care about the results any way it's sliced. Preseason is for tinkering and learning.
Whilst that it generally true, when it comes to Everton, I feel this pre-season may have seen our season’s ‘best of times’...I fear our team has climbed their Everest and from here, the only way is down. Why am I so glass half empty?...because 40 odd years of supporting Everton has somewhat drained the glass.

NSNO

Whilst that it generally true, when it comes to Everton, I feel this pre-season may have seen our season’s ‘best of times’...I fear our team has climbed their Everest and from here, the only way is down. Why am I so glass half empty?...because 40 odd years of supporting Everton has somewhat drained the glass.

NSNO

Slightly mad decision by someone at Everton to show every penalty in the shootout in the highlights of the game, but barely any of the match itself.

3 minutes of the 4:39 are taken up by the shootout, but we don’t even get to see the foul that lead to Everton’s penalty during the match.

That isn't meant to be a 'highlights' video though.
It's literally advertised as 'DEBUT GOAL FOR GRAY & PENALTY SHOOTOUT' lol

I agree with you Dave. Second half was easy on the eye. Some good pens at the end too

That first half though with more established players was ugly, dinosaur hoof ball.

I take it all with a grain of salt at the end of the day. Preseason.
It was.

Chalk and cheese different halfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.