2020/21 The Everton Board Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's been CEO for 3 years and we're now getting a brand new waterfront stadium.

She deserves all the awards she gets in my books.

The stadium is a major achievement, and who knows maybe it’s been such a huge project it’s become a single issue focus for the club. The playing side has not been right at Everton for a long time though.

The stadium is a major achievement, and who knows maybe it’s been such a huge project it’s become a single issue focus for the club. The playing side has not been right at Everton for a long time though.

Yeh which she presides over as CEO but isn't responsible for each decision. As we've seen with Moshiri being the main manager hunter I don't see how you can blame her for Benitez being here for example. She's not going to go up against his decisions.

You attacked her, got your dates horrendously wrong (I mean dude, the badge was in like 2014), just sit in the corner and sulk whilst a successful woman delivers us a shiny new stadium.

I think she seems to operate well in a nest of vipers, especially if the owners erratic football decisions are to be believed, eg the new manager.

Yeh which she presides over as CEO but isn't responsible for each decision. As we've seen with Moshiri being the main manager hunter I don't see how you can blame her for Benitez being here for example. She's not going to go up against his decisions.

You attacked her, got your dates horrendously wrong (I mean dude, the badge was in like 2014), just sit in the corner and sulk whilst a successful woman delivers us a shiny new stadium.

Its got nothing to do with her being a woman. Elstone was far worse than her as CEO but i don’t think she’s done an outstanding job either.

You can’t hold the double standard of congratulating her on the stadium but then claiming Moshiri and others have picked the managers etc. Moshiri has also bankrolled the entire stadium if we were playing that game.

Which brings me back to the point that you haven’t really answered. She is either a dominant CEO who is accountable for all decisions at Everton and in which case should be judged accordingly for them. That includes keeping Bill, Farhad, Marcel in their boxes if needs be, that’s what a top CEO should be doing. Or…..she’s merely keeping the machine running whilst Farhad is making all the decisions. If it is the latter, then sure we can absolve her of all of his mistakes but then what are we giving her plaudits for? Carrying out Moshiri’s crazy will effectively?

No one knows, and that’s part of the problem. Maybe Moshiri, maybe Brands. Denise is either in charge or she isn’t, either way it’s not a great look.

We all know who picks the manager. Our current manager and previous one both met with Moshiri and Usmanov.

By your reckoning it will be DBB on the training pitch doing corner practise.

She represents the club well and was very strong over the ESL issue, exactly the stance and forthright speaking a club such as Everton should have been doing.

She has excellent communications skills, they had nothing to say over Ancelotti leaving, so they said nothing. She is prevented by law from commenting on a current issue, but acted decisively and quickly with the appropriate action - same as any business should do in such circumstances. The furor from a different player on that issue was not of the club's making.

Any good CEO employs people to deliver the owner's (or shareholders) desired outcomes and allows them to then do what they consider is right to do the job. If they do not deliver, then take appropriate action. Which has been done.

Incidentally, she devised, led and inspired one of the world's best football charities.

Sometimes being negative is deserved, not on this occasion.

How's appointing an experienced manager erratic?
Him plus the managers predecessors.
Let’s not start the debate again, but pulling someone who failed at Newcastle and in China seems a bit erratic to me, especially given the history with the new manger.

CEO for three years, in which time the club has lost over £400 million.
In any other business, a CEO with a record like that would be gone.
And people need to stop harping on about her and EITC, she (allegedly) relinquished control of EITC when she was upgraded to CEO of the football club.
With EITC she did a good job, as CEO of Everton FC, she's failing, the numbers don't lie.

Always gets me how people attack the current CEO and advocate a ‘ tough hard nosed business leader ‘ being brought in.
If such a business leader was installed the very first thing they would address is ticket pricing, and the rise would likely be significant .
Without meaningful success to drive up the price on sponsorship, merch, and tv rights it only leaves our generous (,by Uk standards ) ticket pricing policy to find a little extra revenue.

In any other commercial entity, a CEO overseeing a business that’s lost circa £400m in three years would be gone.
Which is why she's still there: everyone knows - at the club and outside it - she is not a CEO. She's a PR person. That's all. Other directors and officers of the club make executive decisions...with the major decisions taken by Moshiri on all matters.

It's a misnomer to describe her as a CEO.

Its got nothing to do with her being a woman. Elstone was far worse than her as CEO but i don’t think she’s done an outstanding job either.

You can’t hold the double standard of congratulating her on the stadium but then claiming Moshiri and others have picked the managers etc. Moshiri has also bankrolled the entire stadium if we were playing that game.

Which brings me back to the point that you haven’t really answered. She is either a dominant CEO who is accountable for all decisions at Everton and in which case should be judged accordingly for them. That includes keeping Bill, Farhad, Marcel in their boxes if needs be, that’s what a top CEO should be doing. Or…..she’s merely keeping the machine running whilst Farhad is making all the decisions. If it is the latter, then sure we can absolve her of all of his mistakes but then what are we giving her plaudits for? Carrying out Moshiri’s crazy will effectively?

If she is indeed a power-wielding CEO since 2018 how many mistakes has she made as our CEO?

If she is indeed a power-wielding CEO since 2018 how many mistakes has she made as our CEO?

According to your own post in the managerial thread ‘gash manager, gash signings, gash season’. It seems to suggest signing off on Benitez would be one (although personally I think he may end up doing well here)

Marco Silva should not have been appointed Everton manager.

The communications during the Ancelotti departure were a shambles.

Keeping Marcel Brands but then seemingly allowing our player and manager recruitment strategy to be carried out by Moshiri and whichever manager is in post.

Having sports pesa on our shirts for 18/19 and 19/20.

I also think we’ve made a mistake with the capacity of the stadium

Again these are all subjective opinions and in the fullness of time they might be proven to be incorrect. I’m sure you’ll discount all of them.

My view is that the everything comes back to the CEO and ultimately Everton as an entity hasn’t been performing very well across numerous metrics since 2018 including recruitment, performances on the pitch, commercial performance, managerial stability, corporate communications. If people disagree with that it’s fine.

We all know who picks the manager. Our current manager and previous one both met with Moshiri and Usmanov.

By your reckoning it will be DBB on the training pitch doing corner practise.

A chief executive officer not allowed to make the biggest decisions at the football club? What are we praising her for then? Well done Denise for signing of on Usmanov and Moshiri’s crazy football manager play decisions?

Call it what it is then. Moshiri is effectively executive chairman, and DBB is chief operating officer.

Can people not see the logical fallibility of excusing DBB for all decisions at Everton because they belong to other people, whilst simultaneously praising her as a wonderful chief executive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.