Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people will be surprised at Benitez. I for one have a slight tingle that maybe just maybe he may be able to get us moving forwards.

Or am I being deluded?

I think you’re being overly optimistic, it’s clear from our transfer business that we’re laying our cards on the table and saying we’re taking mid-table finishes for the immediate future.

Think one thing is clear.........we have no choice but to give him a chance. We can then see if he joins the rest of previous failing managers we have had for 20 odd years

I was behind the previous managers (including sizable Sam), Beneathus is stretching things too far.
I don't think Ancelotti failed at all, got a lot of things right, just needed to sort out consistency, which probably isn't a surprise considering he had most of his games during the disruption of a worldwide pandemic. Yeah, he left us, but he left us for Real Madrid for Christ's sake. It's hardly jibbing us off for West Ham or Newcastle.
He jibbed us for a team that only weeks before he called out for being part of the axis of evil that was going to ruin football.

Or, he's now got an excuse for when we're 15th at Christmas. He hears the discontent amongst the fans and then does what he always does; start mouthing off to the press about the board and then leaves by mutual consent.
and what will your excuse be if we are 7th or 8th?.......... 'Not good enough because we should be 1st or 2nd'. He will not win over all the fans but he is here now.

He jibbed us for a team that only weeks before he called out for being part of the axis of evil that was going to ruin football.
Where did he say that mate.
I can only see him saying

"These 12 clubs were wrong. They did not take into consideration the opinions of the players, managers or supporters."
and
"This is not acceptable. Our culture, we are born married to our sport. They were wrong, full stop."

and what will your excuse be if we are 7th or 8th?.......... 'Not good enough because we should be 1st or 2nd'. He will not win over all the fans but he is here now.
Now you are just making up fantasy outcomes now. 7th or 8th??
Not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.