Worst Individual Performances at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iain Turner v Man United when we lost 4-2
Iain Turner v Blackburn the season before picking the ball up 25 yards out (more a comically stupid decision that I’ve not seen since)

Worst team performance is either 0-2 against Coventry at home under Walker where Barry Horne played right back. It was just abject.

The other one is where we got battered by Dynamo Bucharest in the Europa League after failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Watched the first leg in the pub and we were all laughing at how bad Dynamo were, like properly poor but somehow we were 1-1 with them, it happens of course, all of a sudden we are 5-1 down in one of the most inept European performances I have ever seen. They looked like scoring every time they crossed the half way line. There were a fair few games under Moyes like that where we just randomly got battered by dross.

I've seen the likes of Sigurdsson and Iwobi have proper shockers at Goodison in recent years, but was just thinking then and remembered the very worst Goodison performances from either side I can think of (beyond obvious ones like Nyarko/Koldrup) - it's this disasterclass from Paul McShane.

Terrible defender who had a career solely off somehow starting at United's academy.

What's the worst one-off individual performance you've witnessed at home?

I remember that game but I'd forgotten how bad Mcshane was, his positioning was horrific and tackling some of the worst I've seen. He shoulders at least some responsibility for all 7 goals and 3 are completely his fault.

Worst team performance is either 0-2 against Coventry at home under Walker where Barry Horne played right back. It was just abject.

The other one is where we got battered by Dynamo Bucharest in the Europa League after failing to qualify for the Champions League.

Watched the first leg in the pub and we were all laughing at how bad Dynamo were, like properly poor but somehow we were 1-1 with them, it happens of course, all of a sudden we are 5-1 down in one of the most inept European performances I have ever seen. They looked like scoring every time they crossed the half way line. There were a fair few games under Moyes like that where we just randomly got battered by dross.
Man. Bringing back some repressed memories, there. I was in the pub as well, with my (red) best mate to make things worse. Tutted when their first went in, kind of like "ahhh, there goes our clean sheet" and then... then...

Yeah over Christmas, boxing day maybe.

He was bad but we got battered 0-4 at home to Bolton the week before when Kroldrup didn't play. Next game we got battered 1-3 by the RS before that late Cahill winner at Sunderland on New Years Eve.

What a rubbish christmas that was.
Didn’t we lose 4-0 at West Brom around that time too, Nathan Ellington and Robert Earnshaw turned into world beaters ffs

Yeah over Christmas, boxing day maybe.

He was bad but we got battered 0-4 at home to Bolton the week before when Kroldrup didn't play. Next game we got battered 1-3 by the RS before that late Cahill winner at Sunderland on New Years Eve.

What a rubbish christmas that was.
Yeah, I remember it well. Sat in a pub with a very smug Villa fan. Kroldrup looked like a rabbit in the headlights, but the while team were a disjointed mess. Hopelessly exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.