Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
This transfer window: so far it looks like they're letting the manager down.

Maybe he signed up for it knowing he was gauaranteed next summer and a big warchest.

That said, I'd like to see a few big big sales this summer. The time is ripe for a few to be sold on. FFP is dictating matters and stopping a new manager making his signings, so now is the perfect time to get shut of them.

Candidates:

Pickford
Richarlison
Keane
Mina
Kean
Gomez
even James.

If we could get shut of just 3 of those 7 we can get between £100M-£150M, maybe more.

Hand it to Benitez and let's see what he can do with it.

GK
RB
RW
CM
He definitely asked for Townsend lol lol

You do realise marcel Brands is the DOF dont you mate? lol

Im sure Benitez would rather be signing a £50 million wide player and not Andros Townsend if the money was there...

Theyre clearly Benitez signings.

What did the athletic write after benitez signed He has his own bespoke personal database of players well he probably wants to bin it off

He should do...

Townsend he had at Newcastle

Gray linked to Newcastle several times when Benitez was there

Begovic who knows but id wager a Benitez signing

If we are clearing the decks of Bernard, Iwobi and Sigurdsson and bringing in one top signing on the right...

...theres going to be a huge dropoff from starters to subs.

Richarlison OFF / Gray ON

Thats horrendous.

This is what I think, it's like Usmanov has said I will get you your stadium but we do everything my way, everything.
He is a very powerful fella, when you have his money and come from that part of the world they usually are.

I think we're going to try and cull a bunch of players:

Keane/Mina
Kenny
Gomes
Sigurdsson
Iwobi
Bernard
Delph
Tosun

Bring in Begovic / Gray / Townsend as backup.

CB / RB / RW to come in as starters.

Id like to know what the FFP situation is if we do that. Do we need to breakeven this AND next season or can we splash the cash next summer due to these dealings?

Not happy at present the club need to spend otherwise Benitez gets a free pass for next season.

Koeman: £200 million spent
Alladyce: £47 million spent
Silva: £195 million spent
Ancelotti: £65 million spent

Benitez: £1.5 million spent

Can't judge under current circs although I think we'll finish around 7th-10th.
so what you are saying is your best excuse for the burst Spanish knacker maybe finishing just inside the Top Ten this season is that he's starting with a £507M Squad and adding to it?

...theres going to be a huge dropoff from starters to subs.

Richarlison OFF / Gray ON

Thats horrendous.

Zat mate, there is a huge drop off now, what has Bernard accomplished while at the club? sure in Ukraine he might have been decent, but he is not cut out for this league no matter how much anyone wants it. He is on circa £120k per week, and probably got a £5m signing bonus cos he was on a free transfer.

We are bringing Gray in on about £55k and paying £1.5m. He is quicker and probably more impactful and ready for this league. Sure its not Richi, and sure its not a huge jump in quality, but I would probably happily have a bet with you he will do more this season then a Bernard would.

Am not even getting started on Iwobi.

By reducing money we pay weekly and freeing up the wage bill, it gives us much more wiggle room to bring in players to improve the first eleven players, I don't see whats hard or wrong about that. We are still dealing with serious mismanagement and contracts which are huge, this is being put right, and about time.

Once we cull those players, bring in players who can do the same if not better jobs on smaller wages we can start pushing the quality of players we can bring in.

It's not horrendous, it's probably good business when you take emotion out of it.

man city beat us 5-0 when they were on the beach

also benitez took over newcastle 2 months before their season ended when they were virtually already relegated

They were a point behind 17th with a game in hand and ten games to play. And got relegated with a game to spare.

They were a point behind 17th with a game in hand and ten games to play. And got relegated with a game to spare.
he had 10 games to save newcastle and went unbeaten in their last 6 games including a draw away to man city and liverpool

his first game in charge was away to eventual champions leicester city and he lost 1-0

i don't know how much more he could have done to try and save them from relegation in such a short space of time

he had 10 games to save newcastle and went unbeaten in their last 6 games including a draw away to man city and liverpool

his first game in charge was away to eventual champions leicester city and he lost 1-0

i don't know how much more he could have done to try and save them from relegation in such a short space of time

Get one more point than Allardyce did with Sunderland. He didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.