New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? if the 'small club' thing isn't addressed I wouldn't even be arsed anyway tbh. Time to just move on.
I suspect he won’t take questions on it. He’s already tried to walk back the comment and I think he’d end up digging a bigger hole for himself if he tried again.

Agree wholeheartedly mate, which is why im baffled by the offence a lot of the fanbase have with his comment many many moons ago.

You'd think that mate - but i honestly dont think Ancelotti did, i think he was happy picking up his £11m a year knowing the fans would never turn on him and the board unlikely to sack him, there is no motivation to succeed there. Regardless of what he done at Everton he was still Carlo Ancelotti, the fact he crumbled and got us 10th despite being 2nd place on Boxing Day didnt put Real Madrid off did it? Because its Carlo Ancelotti.

I think the thinking would be that the comments are not that big of a deal but it would be nice if we chose one of the other thousands of managers out there who have never said anything bad about us regardless of how bad it was. I get that too.

I get the feeling something went a bit off behind the scenes around January time with Carlo. the drop was really bad. We came 10th in a 6 horse race.

You may well get your wish.

He went through Melwood like weed killer. Binned off a lot of staff who had been doing good work. Got rid of the players liason guy (one of the first in UK) and gave him 1 hr to clear his desk after years of service.

One week after the cull he fired the HR lady who had dished out all the bad news on his behalf.

He can be ruthless.

Who knows, it could actually be beneficial in the longer term for FC Cosy of Walton.
Everton Social Club closing down?

I'll believe that when i see it.

Not sure I agree that GOT is as reflective of match going supporters as you suggest..."keyboard warriors" might as you say might not be the best description but my concern is that many of the viewpoints are so vitriolic without having given the person the chance to show whether or not he can do a decent job for our football club...I wonder how many of the "keyboard warriors," (,sorry) who lauded the appointment of the previous manager are now having second thoughts .

I have no issues with appointing Ancelotti. He was clearly the best person available when we had a vacancy. It ended very badly but I'm not going to blame the board for taking a chance on one of the most successful managers of all time.

People can support this appointment if they think it's good but people do not have to support it if they think it is going to go very badly wrong. No one is a better supporter for telling everyone they must get behind Benitez. I will support the team but I will never support this appointment because it has brought a lot of division to the club. He will get a chance to show whether he can do a good job regardless of what people say, but people are very much entitled to think that there are others who could do a much better job under a much more pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere.

Basically, I'm just fed up with others telling me how I should feel about this appointment. I think it's going to be a disaster and I don't like it - call me a crap fan if that's what you think, but I'm not going to change my mind.

I couldn’t care less if he does or doesn’t apologise personally but there’s a lot of grown men who can’t get over a few words that came out of his mouth 15 years ago that would feel it’s deserving if he’s going to at least make an effort to win them over.
What are your thoughts re my feeling on the insult value of "small club," to us as opposed to ,"the people's club" to those of an Anfield persuasion

Status
Not open for further replies.