New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased to say the morons missed the right place. I don't know where that is but it's not the main road or anywhere else that leads to his house.

Sane blues? Have a read through the majority of your posts over the last year.

Lockdowns do strange things to a man lol

In all seriousness though mate the reality at present is as follows:

1. Benitez is likely the best available option at present

2. The club dont wish to take a risk on someone inexperienced or with no PL experience whilst a £500+ million stadium gets built.

You have a manager renowned for being a decent coach who is also quite tough and has balls to demand discipline from his squad of players, he's also shown he can work under sizable pressure at clubs like Chelsea with a fanbase on his back like here.

His system also works with the squad we have rather than expecting someone to come in playing tika taka with the likes of Doucoure who cant pass a ball and Siggurdsson and Gomes who are frauds.

So ultimately if you cant accept above reality and still wish to persist booing the bloke, heckling, writing abusive banners and making the atmosphere toxic from day 1 before a ball has even been kicked you're thinking more about yourself than Everton Football Club.

Thats the reality - too much self entitlement crying going on in recent weeks - and I aint a hypocrite if come November/December we are sat 12th in the table playing crap football I'll be booing myself - but until then give the bloke a chance to do his job.

Last edited:

Benitez has an impossible job. Outside of winning a trophy or getting Top 4 (which I wouldn't expect any manager to accomplish with this squad), he can't possibly succeed here.

I don't have any ill feeling towards Benitez outside of thinking that he's totally finished as a top level manager and that he plays rubbish football. Having just witnessed one the most legendary managers in football history serve up football so bad that Tony Pulis would probably turn his telly off if we were on, I know for sure I have no appetite at all to watch a repeat of that and the fact that we are willing going down that road suggests to me that the board are only interested in treading water for the foreseeable future.

It's very difficult to come to terms with just how disastrous the Moshiri era has been so far. No matter who we sign, who we appoint as manager, who our DoF is, we just can't escape this rut.

Lockdowns do strange things to a man lol

In all seriousness though mate the reality at present is as follows:

1. Benitez is likely the best available option at present

2. The club dont wish to take a risk one someone inexperienced or with no PL experience whilst a £500+ million stadium gets built.

You have a manager renowned for being a decent coach who is also quite tough and has balls to demand discipline from his squad of players, he's also shown he can work under sizable pressure at clubs like Chelsea with a fanbase on his back like here.

His system also works with the squad we have rather than expecting someone to come in playing tika taka with the likes of Doucoure who cant pass a ball and Siggurdsson and Gomes who are frauds.

So ultimately if you cant accept above reality and still wish to persist booing the bloke, heckling, writing abusive banners and making the atmosphere toxic from day 1 before a ball has even been kicked you're thinking more about yourself than Everton Football Club.

Thats the reality - too much self entitlement crying going on in recent weeks - and I aint a hypocrite if come November/December we are sat 12th in the table playing crap football I'll be booing myself - but until then give the bloke a chance to do his job.
I won't be booing the bloke, heckling, writing abusive banners or making the atmosphere toxic from day 1 - I have already decided that I will withdraw my support completely if he signs. I am aware that nobody will be too arsed by that and that's fair enough.

Yes. Big deal. It might have meant "We know where you live, we're coming to treat you with some tea, don't sign before we taste your specialty Gazpacho, dinner comes first" Coppers involved in anything these days. [Poor language removed] 2021.

I will Only if you let me have a go on your big horsey
'Fraid I can't do that. I adopted him from an animal charity in Newcastle. Said sommat about not letting irrational footie fans near it. Again. For the best, you wouldn't wanna be labelled in with the Geordies would you?

Good good. Anyway, as I've said before I'm not overjoyed at Senor Benitez getting the gig, but I'm not going to piss my pants over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.