Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll never know what went on behind the scenes but doubt Ancelotti ever physically intimidated the players.Ive no idea if DF would be successful or not,but I'm confident we wouldn't see any half hearted rubbish we've had to watch.
According to Bayern players, Ancelotti failed there because he was too laid-back, hands-off and easy-going. Especially at the training ground, and at crucial pre-match/half-time periods. Bayern players wanted intensity as they're hungry for success, they didn't get it with Carlo.

Go away, the last 6 managers have not won anything or even been close. At least Dunc loves the club and won't take any lack of effort from players
Who gives a crap, he’s not good enough to manage the club. Won’t take no effort? That why performances dipped after the Chelsea game? His final one, the day Ancelotti was appointed was far far worse than anything served up this past season

There is absolutely no way in hell we go from Carlo Ancelotti to Big Dunc when there are dozens of bigger and better names to manage this club

Pirlo - failed

Arteta - failing

Lampard - failed

Ryan Mason - poor

Why would this go any different

Ancelotti - failed
Silva - failed
Koeman - failed
Roberto - failed

Why would Conte, Nuno or Ralf be any different?

We have to choose someone. The only managers we've had since the Prem-era who haven't failed are Royle, Moyes & frankly Sam Allardyce (his job was to keep us up, which he did by having us finishing two places better than Ancelotti). What do these three have in common? Northerners/scotsmen.

Give Dunc a Chance.

Ancelotti - failed
Silva - failed
Koeman - failed
Roberto - failed

Why would Conte, Nuno or Ralf be any different?

We have to choose someone. The only managers we've had since the Prem-era who haven't failed are Royle, Moyes & frankly Sam Allardyce (his job was to keep us up, which he did by having us finishing two places better than Ancelotti). What do these three have in common? Northerners/scotsmen.

Give Dunc a Chance.

If we're going for a Scot then Alex would be a betyer Ferguson than Duncan

Can you really see him being in a position to overrule Ancelotti.No way was he ever going to be allowed to give a pre-match team talk.
Well if you want him to be the manager now then you want him to be his self and speak his mind, so why didn’t he be himself and speak his thoughts to Ancelotti, what was he frightened of, he is the fearless Fergie isn’t he? Could it be he thought more of his job?

Who gives a crap, he’s not good enough to manage the club. Won’t take no effort? That why performances dipped after the Chelsea game? His final one, the day Ancelotti was appointed was far far worse than anything served up this past season

There is absolutely no way in hell we go from Carlo Ancelotti to Big Dunc when there are dozens of bigger and better names to manage this club
The last 6 managers haven't been good enough.....Duncan deserves a crack at it.

Go away, the last 6 managers have not won anything or even been close. At least Dunc loves the club and won't take any lack of effort from players
What’s this based on because he’s been a key member of the coaching staff under several managers now and on each occasion there’s been issues with attitude and application of the players

Yeah I'm not a fan of Duncan being manager BUT I'd rather have him over Moyes or Nuno?

I think he could do the same job as those two if he was supported with the right coaching team and Brands taking over the transfers and ensuring he get a first choice right back, centre midfielder and right winger.

Something doesn't make sense here though.
Why isn't he more influential, especially under Silva and Ancelotti, after he's had so many years and more confidence?
His passion is not enough - especially because motivation should not be the only block on us winning. PLayers should be at least to some extent playing for pride and their own self-worth.
What about tactics? What is he? His 4-4-2 was just a quick fix to be solid and aggressive, but I dont know what his philosophy is. Is it the attacking, fluent, aggressive game we want?

I think it's true there's alot to be said for employing a blue, but now I think the one type of manager we have not had since HK perhaps, is a master tactician. Someone who has got proper coaching skills, tactical and strategic, so that we can make average players better, and make the team work as well.

The top priorities for me are:
- Instilling leadership & communication
- Tactics and strategy
- Proper coaching skills - not mentoring and a 'father figure' - someone who can actually improve the team not just through better signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.