Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bolloks, have you ever been a professional player.
Have you ever worked under top Management
To be fair, the point being made was that lots of fans seem to be so influenced by the (entirely laudable and arguably important) qualities of fire in the blood and love of the club, that they aren't objectively and critically looking at other factors. Certainly Ferguson has greater experience and knowledge than we do, but there's no real evidence that it's good enough for the top banana job when I guess 95% of people who try for it will ultimately fail.

Pirlo - failed

Arteta - failing

Lampard - failed

Ryan Mason - poor

Why would this go any different

You know that pretty much all managers used to be players?

Yes but a managerial novice, taking thier first job at a top tier team, like those above, nearly always ends poorly

Ferguson has no real experience of managment apart from 4 games, of which we won 1

It is not a good idea at all

Fair enough, by the way he was a senior coach/ assistant manager why didn’t he open his mouth, if he did, nobody took any notice.
Can you really see him being in a position to overrule Ancelotti.No way was he ever going to be allowed to give a pre-match team talk.

Yes but a managerial novice, taking thier first job at a top tier team, like those above, nearly always ends poorly

Ferguson has no real experience of managment apart from 4 games, of which we won 1

It is not a good idea at all
Harsh there we played some top teams and didn't lose either

I was never a massive fan of Ferguson so I am perhaps biased. I wouldn’t want him to step into the job as i dont believe any ex player should be promoted straight into the top job at their club. If he goes away and shows he can do it elsewhere, i would be all for him being given a go here. But he should prove himself elsewhere first.

equally while i would prefer Conte of all the managers shortlisted, he probably wont come, so we need an up and coming guy who has had some success, who is looking to make his name at a bigger club. I have no idea who, that Favre and Rangnick guy sound interesting.

I was never a massive fan of Ferguson so I am perhaps biased. I wouldn’t want him to step into the job as i dont believe any ex player should be promoted straight into the top job at their club. If he goes away and shows he can do it elsewhere, i would be all for him being given a go here. But he should prove himself elsewhere first.

equally while i would prefer Conte of all the managers shortlisted, he probably wont come, so we need an up and coming guy who has had some success, who is looking to make his name at a bigger club. I have no idea who, that Favre and Rangnick guy sound interesting.
Both 62 hardly up and coming

Status
Not open for further replies.