2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming around to the "quite glad he's gone" side after reading the Athletic piece
Thing is whoever we get will trot out the same old,I mean wouldn't you for a multimillion contract. They all know the average tenure of a Prem manager.

The squad is poor. No getting away from that. The board has to shoulder a lot of blame for sanctioning some very poor recruitment.
Thing is you only know they are poor when they actually play in the Prem. On the face of it Tosun given his international record and goals per game didn't look like an impending disaster.

Thing is you only know they are poor when they actually play in the Prem. On the face of it Tosun given his international record and goals per game didn't look like an impending disaster.
He was 'banging them in' in Turkey mate. Evidence of nothing.

PSG won't let him leave to go to Spurs, it's why Levy is wooing Conte now.

Contract is air tight, 2 seasons left and PSG have an option to extend for another season.

Leonardo has said earlier this week that he's the manager next season.

I thought he was open to leaving?

Not sure we will convince him to leave, but I'm not sure that will put Moshiri off trying!

We do not know what the limit is. Neither for the students nor the team. But 59 points in isolation is not bad, and is acceptable. But in a wider context it is a 10 place, and then we did not reach our goal. This means that teams we think we are better than have done better than us.

But our main problem was that our game gradually got worse, the point average got worse, and we did not look like a team that would get much better. In the end, it also did not seem like there was much harmony in the team, if we are to believe the rumors.

I think over the course of multiple managers we can perfectly assume that's the limit. Was always about the next step which is now going to be another reset.

In hindsight, Tosun didn’t have any of the qualities to be anything more than an average striker at best in this league. No remarkable physical attributes and unless you’ve got the footballing talent of a Harry Kane or RVP, that won’t cut it in the premier league.

Coming around to the "quite glad he's gone" side after reading the Athletic piece
He's done the dirty on us hasn't he? I don't care how well regarded he is as a coach, that's a shitty thing to do. Leaving is one thing, but to leave like that at the drop of a hat is a properly snide thing to do. The bloke can do one as far as I'm concerned.

He's done the dirty on us hasn't he? I don't care how well regarded he is as a coach, that's a shitty thing to do. Leaving is one thing, but to leave like that at the drop of a hat is a properly snide thing to do. The bloke can do one as far as I'm concerned.
Let's face it, Carlo is a wiley old fox. He clearly knows the game. He can bluff big time. Says the right things, doesn't make big scenes. He's proper done a number on us.

To me the 'just play' stuff is completely believable and has actually been obvious pretty much since day one. I said it looked like thats what we were doing in the defeat to Liverpool's reserves in the cup, and after he made subs in the home games last season against Brighton (which we got away with) and Newcastle (which we didn't). In both of those games we were in complete control and then it looked like they'd been told to just see it out, keep hold of the ball etc and they just couldn't do it. I said at the time that it wasn't surprising as he wasn't used to dealing with players like ours. I assumed he'd learn quickly and adapt but he never really seemed to.

To me the 'just play' stuff is completely believable and has actually been obvious pretty much since day one. I said it looked like thats what we were doing in the defeat to Liverpool's reserves in the cup, and after he made subs in the home games last season against Brighton (which we got away with) and Newcastle (which we didn't). In both of those games we were in complete control and then it looked like they'd been told to just see it out, keep hold of the ball etc and they just couldn't do it. I said at the time that it wasn't surprising as he wasn't used to dealing with players like ours. I assumed he'd learn quickly and adapt but he never really seemed to.

There are certain things in the post that wont be true but also bits of things coming out that sound quite likely. The just play sounds about right.

I really hope Brands has stepped up to the mantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.