Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would 100% go down??

Nonsense.

It could work out, it might not. If it didn't we still probably wouldn't go down.
This is my mindset!
No chance we would go down! It just wouldn't happen!
So we may as well roll the dice and have fun with it instead of getting someone in who is to scared to be abit bold in fear of career suicide!
If we get another coach in, who enjoys a slow, 'but tactical' build up i will scream!
Thats not what Goodison is about!
Its about legging it around and scaring the absolute s$!t out of the opposition!

You're effectively asking someone who has never managed a club for more than 5 games to use Everton as an experiment to see if they can hack it. There are loads of clubs to which to start from that have far less pressure involved. Prove you can last a couple of seasons showing an upward trajectory instead of coming to one of the biggest jobs in the country totally green.

See how much pressure is on Arteta despite winning a cup in his first 6 months. It would be 10 x that here as there will be no dream start.
It will either make him or break him. But the general idea remains the same. Its unfortunate that its a big job, but that has its own pros and cons. I don't see this job as being any more significant than any other in terms of approach. You have a job, it has its objectives, you try to meet them. Sure, there might be less pressure managing Peterborough, but there's a lot less upside as well.

I just don't buy into the experience thing the way others do, because all experience is relevant to the role. I don't think managing a lower standard of players in a league you are unfamiliar with at a club you have no connection to prepares you for the Everton job, it's horses for courses.

We wont go down, not a chance!
Even if we did, it could be a laugh!
Yes we would, these players didn’t have the fight to finish in a European place under Ancelotti, you honestly think they would have the fight to stay in this league?

this some kind of sick joke GOT

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-114552_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210604-114552_Chrome.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 76
He's been too happy on the Everton gravy train. After his successful little cameo stint pre-Ancelotti his stock was high and he should have took a job in the Championship to prove himself.

He didn't.

For me, that lack of ambition to prove himself disqualifies him from the job.

I love Dunc, wish we had a player like him today...but not only would I agree he shouldn't be considered for manager, but is it time he moves on completely?...

He's survived manager after manager now...should we be looking for a complete overhaul of our coaching team this time...let the new manager bring in his team, and if theres better out there to fill Big Dunc's role, than we really should be doing that....far too much room for sentiment throughout the club

He's been too happy on the Everton gravy train. After his successful little cameo stint pre-Ancelotti his stock was high and he should have took a job in the Championship to prove himself.

He didn't.

For me, that lack of ambition to prove himself disqualifies him from the job.

He loves Everton and doesn't wanna be anywhere else. Honestly as fan ourselves we should understand this at least.

I would, yes.

I see no upside in Nuno to be honest. It seems like the safe, easy option. Wolves were/are nothing special, and also spent a lot of money to get there.

Honestly,he ranks amongst Eddie Howe and Graham Potter as the most beige and least inspiring options on offer, and would do nothing to lift fans after what just happened.

Ferguson at the very least, is already well liked and respected by players and fans alike, and he knows what he is working with. He knows every player at the club, including the younger players, and knows what is missing as well. I think he's strong enough to make the tough decisions and he can start now instead of taking 2-3 months to assess and a year to settle in. Also, you would assume if he is picked that he has a good relationship with Brands, which will be important going forward, and could be an interesting partnership.
He could form a healthier relationship with Brands than previous managers did too. Ferguson would be the junior of the two so Brands could concentrate on making the transfers he considers best for the club rather than how it happened with Carlo.

He loves Everton and doesn't wanna be anywhere else. Honestly as fan ourselves we should understand this at least.

That's fine mate if he wants to be a coach.

If he wants to be a manager for one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world, it's a different story.

Yes I could understand his position, but I would also ask, Is he any good as a coach?
We don't know unless we give him a chance. The caretaker job he did was very good, better than Unsworth. Surely Dunc deserves a proper go, can't be much worse than Silva, Koeman or Sam bluddy Allardyce lol

Might just be he fits right in: players respond to good old-fashioned passion & personality from their manager: that's how Jürgen from across the park has so much success.

Status
Not open for further replies.