2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

images (11).jpeg

He couldn’t even motivate a team to beat already relegated Sheffield United at home. He mugged us all off and is living off his former glories now.
Gone to a club who he only recently criticised for the ESL and has appeared to be a proper snake with all of his snidely comments.
Yes of course he has more chance of winning silverware with his new club because it’s Real Madrid, but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he doesn’t last more than 12 months.
Honestly don’t know why everybody is so upset.
This thread should be locked and banished to World football now.
Very easy to get over him, he never took us forward much at all, good win percentage but the PL was completely nuts last season without fans in the grounds.

He was ramping up for next season with us. Transfer plan. Preseason set up.

All changed in 48hrs.

It's not like he planning to move on for months.

Nope, he come in to get a bit of stability while they plan the next move.

We sat 12th as he come in.
He came into ensure we weren’t involved in a relegation scrap; he’s a relegation manager. We may have been 12th but we were a few points off being dragged right into the thick of it

There’s no argument here, those are the facts

If there's any proof that Carlo is a fraud it is this. It's one thing to tell Ronaldo and Benzema to 'just play', you'll probably win a championship league without breaking a sweat. Tell Gomes and Iwobi to 'just play' and you see what happened towards the end of last season.

The warning signs were already there from his time at Bayern when he would apprently not coach them at all. We just fell in love with a name and nothing more.

He is welcome to them as far I am concerned, There is not a single player on our books that I would not sell( with the exception of Godfrey) in fact maybe we could offer them as a job lot.
If there's any proof that Carlo is a fraud it is this. It's one thing to tell Ronaldo and Benzema to 'just play', you'll probably win a championship league without breaking a sweat. Tell Gomes and Iwobi to 'just play' and you see what happened towards the end of last season.

The warning signs were already there from his time at Bayern when he would apprently not coach them at all. We just fell in love with a name and nothing more.
I’d expect rather more than ‘just play’ for that salary. Hell I could say that and settle for half his salary.

Koeman
Big Sam
Silva
Carlo

4 managers. 5 seasons. All different styles. Total of £200mill+ net spend. Top 5 in the league in 5 years for spending. One outcome - underperforming squad.

Who's the fraud? The managers who get 18 months or the players that have been here for 5 seasons?

Just wanting to know cos we play the manager merrigoround all we want, if the squad isn't good enough, it's not good enough.

The criticism against Ancelotti has always been that he gives the players too much freedom, the training sessions have too low intensity and are not very tactical, favor experienced players, and that he has a relatively low work ethic. All this is well known.

However, he has always had a very good relationship with the star players. When Zlatan and Ronaldo are told to do as they please, it works quite well - at least for a while. And they think the manager is fantastic. But this is old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.