Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of the current world situation there's going to be so many great players available for 'cheap' compared to other times. But we're going to be giving a new contract to a 23 year old who's never going to make it. Brilliant.

At the moment our model seems to be pay higher transfer fees and high wages for established players looking for their last pay day.

Maybe just maybe try something a bit different and pay fairly high transfer fees for some young prospects who will be on low wages and offer them medium sized wages instead and try and build something long term that is financially viable and won’t get us into ffp issues.

And years of that have left us standing still at best, and going backwards relatively.

In our position we simply can't quick fix our problems, but the persistence in thinking we can is just leading to more of the same.

The best transfer policy should incorporate a mixed strategy in terms of the age of the players signed, fees paid, background of the players etc.

Ours needs to be skewed towards youth and potential - players who can improve here and not stagnate and regress.

That doesn't mean signing unknowns and just hoping for the best - it has to be a targeted transfer policy.

I'm not talking about the Nkounkous or Branthwaites either here - though they form part of this strategy - it should not be beyond us to source players using a global outreach that are ready to make near an immediate impact and for that to progress in time. God knows it isn't difficult to improve based on some of the current lot.

Unfortunately those charged with that at the club most particularly - Brands and Steinsson - don't appear capable of implementing that kind of model thus far.

Because of the current world situation there's going to be so many great players available for 'cheap' compared to other times. But we're going to be giving a new contract to a 23 year old who's never going to make it. Brilliant.

For European teams, yes. As soon as a Prem team comes sniffing along prices rocket up as clubs know we all have money to burn.

I’m not sure which he took more enjoyment out of, the Geordies celebrating as they thought they were the seventh club invited to join the Super League or Moscow just shaking its head at all of us.

"Notorious twitter troll".

Yep, it’s in the Athletic. And then and sure as night follows day, he just had to didn’t he

FFP feels irrelevant to me right now. The authorities have pretty much turned a blind eye to the attempts to set up the Super league and all the financial unfairness that would have caused. We are also still on the way out of a pandemic. Are they seriously going to punish clubs for losses during a pandemic?

We should spend as little or as much as we need this summer to get the players we need. Prices aren't the crucial factor, it's getting the right 5 or 6 players.

And years of that have left us standing still at best, and going backwards relatively.

In our position we simply can't quick fix our problems, but the persistence in thinking we can is just leading to more of the same.

The best transfer policy should incorporate a mixed strategy in terms of the age of the players signed, fees paid, background of the players etc.

Ours needs to be skewed towards youth and potential - players who can improve here and not stagnate and regress.

That doesn't mean signing unknowns and just hoping for the best - it has to be a targeted transfer policy.

I'm not talking about the Nkounkous or Branthwaites either here - though they form part of this strategy - it should not be beyond us to source players using a global outreach that are ready to make near an immediate impact and for that to progress in time. God knows it isn't difficult to improve based on some of the current lot.

Unfortunately those charged with that at the club most particularly - Brands and Steinsson - don't appear capable of implementing that kind of model thus far.

Just to play devils advocate a bit, but the average age of signings under Brands I read was around 24. We bought younger players.

The problem I see, is the approach is not embedded at all aspects of the club, and as you say the model is not been implemented. How far Brands take's the blame for that, or others who might be getting in the way take the blame is open to question.

I have been uneasy at us not filling the bench with younger players. Gary Neville even highlighted this and seemed totally bemused at it. You would think if you were Brands you would be asking Carlo who he didn't think to do it. It's a really odd thing to do if you are a club trying to highlight the pathways for young players.

I appreciate with Covid, there might be a perfectly reasonable explanation for it, but it does seem odd.

Thats Brands biggest failure though. I actually think the signings have been ok, a bit mixed but ok. Signings always will be mixed. But we don't look to be working to a unified plan at board level at all.

FFP feels irrelevant to me right now. The authorities have pretty much turned a blind eye to the attempts to set up the Super league and all the financial unfairness that would have caused. We are also still on the way out of a pandemic. Are they seriously going to punish clubs for losses during a pandemic?

We should spend as little or as much as we need this summer to get the players we need. Prices aren't the crucial factor, it's getting the right 5 or 6 players.

Yes I mean I read that section of the report, and just read that as the "investment" is Usmanov. Moshiri will ask for 100m, which will be deposited in the club and that will be used for fees. If we sell on top that will be factored into the pot.

I tho

I think we will. If we are going down the route of spending 40mil on one who’s 24/25 age group. They need to come in and contribute a minimum of 15 goals & assists. Unless you’re buying someone who’s 20/21, with huge potential.

That why I’d like to see a Bailey, Diaby, Sarr for the right. And someone fir the left who can play maybe through the middle.

And I know this won’t go down well, but I wouldn’t mind Zaha, I know he’s 29 in November, but if the fee is decent 30mil with bonuses. I’d prefer him over spending maybe 40plus on Maximum or Traore.

I've been one of the biggest advocates for us to get Zaha but I do think the ship as sailed. Still think had we just backed ourselves more last year and gone for him or a player of his level then we'd be looking at a very different prospect for next season.

We were top of the league when we let two attackers go and didn't get anyone in, leaving what was already an attack needing another player even shorter.

But okay

You just know if Everton step out of line even a little bit they'll go down harder on us than all your mas put together.

We'd be made an example of.

I'm not too bothered about a new deal for Broadhead. If he is getting a new deal it's because he has impressed Carlo enough to be part of his squad as a young, cheap back up option in place of King. He can fill in multiple positions and costs us nothing. The transfer fees and big wages can be better spent elsewhere.

Alternatively, he is being kept as a trustworthy experienced head for the very young group of players breaking into the Under 23s, and he is still only 23 after all. The way some people make out, you would think he was in his early 30's.

I live in hope that there is going to be a pretty big squad overhaul happening this summer with lots of ins and outs. It could be very a expensive few months. I see no problem in these type of deals, especially if the player has earnt it. And making the 1st team squad, and being used in a PL game suggests he has, regardless of circumstances around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.