2020/21 Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure was. Said at the time it was inconsistent in its context. They got away with it because "laddish culture" was at its peak.
To be fair they were only echoing the stick he got at every ground he played at and any player with that type of hairstyle would have got the same, whatever his skin tone.

dont get your point?
no one is asking for him to be closed down, just take his pontificating about racism with a pinch of salt
Just this cultural shaming flying around. I went to school in Toxteth all the lads had either Carribbean,Chinese or Irish fathers. Lots of ribbing went on that wouldn't be acceptable now,but was of it's time. Baddiel as far as I remember wasn't censured at the time,so why is it an issue now?

Just this cultural shaming flying around. I went to school in Toxteth all the lads had either Carribbean,Chinese or Irish fathers. Lots of ribbing went on that wouldn't be acceptable now,but was of it's time. Baddiel as far as I remember wasn't censured at the time,so why is it an issue now?

if you read back it was only brought up cos he was trying to take the piss out of everton being racist when he could be considered racist himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.