Homepage Article Brands Renews Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the quality or quanitity?

Cos I only mean quantity.

And if you mean quantity, how many players would you have in your squad??
I don't think you can say that a player adds to the quantity if the manager won't use them or they're never fit.

Barring the most extreme injury crisis imaginable, the likes of Kenny, Nkounkou, Gordon and Branthwaite won't be picked, so it's pointless counting them as cover.

Regardless of whether you think they're great or terrible, it'd be daft to rely on Delph, Gbamin or Tosun to be available more often than not, and with Coleman and Rodriguez both being at the stage where their minutes needs to be carefully managed, there's essentially no guarantee that there'll be a natural right-back or right-mid on the pitch from one week to the next. I'm also a bit unsure about Allan's durability, but maybe he'll cope better if there isn't a condensed fixture schedule at the start of next season.

Up front, Kean will either be sold or go out on loan again, which leaves Calvert-Lewin as the the only striker (Richarlison is a wide forward if ever there was one).

It's possible to have one or two utility men covering more than one position, but realistically, with a manager who isn't looking to integrate academy graduates, this squad is desperately short of reliable senior players, which is why I'm fully expecting to see Davies, Gomes, Iwobi and Sigurdsson continue to stink the place out for the foreseeable future.

I don't think you can say that a player adds to the quantity if the manager won't use them or they're never fit.

Barring the most extreme injury crisis imaginable, the likes of Kenny, Nkounkou, Gordon and Branthwaite won't be picked, so it's pointless counting them as cover.

Regardless of whether you think they're great or terrible, it'd be daft to rely on Delph, Gbamin or Tosun to be available more often than not, and with Coleman and Rodriguez both being at the stage where their minutes needs to be carefully managed, there's essentially no guarantee that there'll be a natural right-back or right-mid on the pitch from one week to the next. I'm also a bit unsure about Allan's durability, but maybe he'll cope better if there isn't a condensed fixture schedule at the start of next season.

Up front, Kean will either be sold or go out on loan again, which leaves Calvert-Lewin as the the only striker (Richarlison is a wide forward if ever there was one).

It's possible to have one or two utility men covering more than one position, but realistically, with a manager who isn't looking to integrate academy graduates, this squad is desperately short of reliable senior players, which is why I'm fully expecting to see Davies, Gomes, Iwobi and Sigurdsson continue to stink the place out for the foreseeable future.
So you sell Kenny and get in another RB.
You try shift Delph or Gomes and replace them.
Same with Tosun and Kean.

I didn't say we have quality depth, the squad needs players, but numbers-wise, its not a million miles away.

We realistically need about 15 out the door and replacing, but its not happening in 1 window.

So you sell Kenny and get in another RB.
You try shift Delph or Gomes and replace them.
Same with Tosun and Kean.

I didn't say we have quality depth, the squad needs players, but numbers-wise, its not a million miles away.

We realistically need about 15 out the door and replacing, but its not happening in 1 window.
I wish I had your confidence in Brands's operation.

Lossl, King and Olsen arent buys, they are cheap loans, he hasn't saddled the club with them.

Mina cant be called a poor buy, under any metric.

This is the real list.

Plus column

Digne
Godfrey
Hamez
Doucs
Brainthwaite
Nknounou
Allan
Richarlison
Kean
Mina
Virginia

Minus column

Delph
Gomes
Iwobi
Bernard

You can't have Branthwaite and Nkounkou, barely played for the 1st team. Virginia is surely a mistake, Kean hasnt got games under 3 managers so a clear minus. Somehow the Colombian Bambi defender keeps getting praise but he is an accident when the moon's align and his glass body sync to have him on the pitch fit.
Of the others only Digne and Douc are not clear manager led signings.
He has not unearthed 1 star player that justifies the ridiculous wages he gets for bein chief scout of the scouts

Yes I understand the concept of back up players which I was I'm baffled that we don't have back up right back.

What I would like is a back up that is of a better quality to push our shambolic number one at the very least. Isn't that what the back up keeper is supposed to do ? Isn't that what you want ?
Well they're not necessarily the same thing. Backup is just that, someone who's there to cover injuries/rests. You're talking more about competition, someone who's going to come in and challenge for number 1. A) I don't think that is what Lossl was signed for, and B) It's difficult in most cases to get someone to come on that basis due to the position in question. You can play 2 strikers, 3 CMs, 3 CBs. You can't play 2 keepers, so decent keepers are likely to want to go somewhere they're more likely to get game time.

You can't have Branthwaite and Nkounkou, barely played for the 1st team. Virginia is surely a mistake, Kean hasnt got games under 3 managers so a clear minus. Somehow the Colombian Bambi defender keeps getting praise but he is an accident when the moon's align and his glass body sync to have him on the pitch fit.
He has not unearthed 1 star player that justifies the ridiculous wages he gets for bein chief scout of the scouts

lol lol

Things you also can't have: Your cake and eat it....

Branthwaite > out of loan, learning his trade in the Championship, let`s not forget he was playing in League 2 and that step up to the Premier League is massive.
Nkounkou > a regular on the bench, which he probably didn`t expect at this stage in his Everton career.
Virginia > WTF, the lad did nothing wrong when he deputised and surely must be in the running for no 2 to Pickford next year.
Mina > Played 26 games so far this season and one of our most consistent performers.
Digne > We went for Tierney, Celtic started being silly and within the space of a couple of days, had signed Digne, - got Brands all over it this one.
Doucure > We`d been linked with him under Silva and then under Ancelotti. Do you think when Ancelotti came here, he even knew what a Doucure ?

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.