Everton Youth Teams Thread

I wouldn't say i am being harsh, there is evidence of the more athletic lads struggling once they get to actual mens football, look at Solanke, Palmer & Izzy Brown....all big lads, towered over there opposition and won everything at youth level, they move up and they cant rely on there physicality as much and they struggle.

As i said before though, it is whats required in todays Premier League, physicality, athleticism & pace comes before skill and reading the game.
But what do i know, im just an arl arse who thinks everything that is new is rubbish
That wasn’t the point I was disagreeing with you on, it was your Chelsea only recruit “ cyborgs” and “ go looking for the biggest strongest lads and teach them the football bits afterwards” . For me that’s clearly untrue, as an example they picked up Billy Gilmour , the best young Scottish youngster around, who’s about 5 ft 7 and makes Gordon look fat. We’ll just have to agree to disagree on that.

Just watched the Chelsea game again, what a little livewire Garcia is!
Any particular reason he isn't getting more starts?
Hard to say, but possibly the long term injuries he’s suffered have meant Tait has wanted to limit his number of minutes in any game and bring him through gradually. I thought he’d have been the ideal replacement for Dobbin playing on the right , but perhaps that would have been too early in the game . He certainly doesn’t play like he needs cosseting , doesn’t shirk anything.

Hard to say, but possibly the long term injuries he’s suffered have meant Tait has wanted to limit his number of minutes in any game and bring him through gradually. I thought he’d have been the ideal replacement for Dobbin playing on the right , but perhaps that would have been too early in the game . He certainly doesn’t play like he needs cosseting , doesn’t shirk anything.

Thanks mate, I readily agree with what you said about him not shirking anything, especially evident in the build up to the second goal, his tenanciousness was a big part in that goal (albeit making up for a poor touch). Looks a very interesting prospect anyway.

Just watched the Chelsea game again, what a little livewire Garcia is!
Any particular reason he isn't getting more starts?
Yehp. Garcia looks like the kind of player we've been crying out for in the first team for years. Rapid, full of energy and pace....like a young Bojan at Barca albeit so far away from first team opportunities for a few more years.

Watched this today.

Liked the look of our goalie.
Thought we were very well drilled.
That Garcia is a maverick. I think he has all the raw attributes to be a terrific player.

The right back of Chelsea looked super. Liviremento..?
Livramento is very highly rated I think

Livramento is very highly rated I think
Extremely. Higher rated than James and Lamptey were at that age for Chelsea and that's saying something. Lawrence the year up isn't bad either but Livramento is touted for full England international potential. Chelsea have a ridiculous record at RB the past few years as Sterling didn't look bad for their 23s either. Small won't have many bigger challenges than him in youth football

U18s out of contract at the end of the season McIntyre, Lowey, Thompson and Higgins can't see any of them being offered contracts. Maybe Lowey and Higgins but with 9 players from that group already needing to be u23s and the players from the year below who have already made the leap it looks unlikely. I believe Davidson has already retired.

U23s out of contract Hansen, Barrett, John, Astley, Ouzounidis, Anderson, Collins. So far I believe John and Astley have been offered new contracts I would probably give Anderson another year as he is versatile and Small may get fast tracked. Hansen and Barrett are behind Tyrer and Leban and with Virginia possibly playing the occasional game I can't see any benefit in keeping them. Ouzounidis is now of an age where he needs to play first team football or he'll lose that competitive edge. Collins has just been unlucky with injuries but has lost so much development time I can't see him making it here. If he's still able to play will probably have to drop down a couple of levels and try and rebuild from there.

Older u23s out of contract Connolly, Pennington, Adeniran, Bowler, Broadhead. I might be tempted to offer a one year contract to either Bowler or Broadhead but would probably just release all 5. That will leave us with just Baningime and Markelo who both have a year left. I would try and get something for these 2 but failing that out on loan they would go again.

Extremely. Higher rated than James and Lamptey were at that age for Chelsea and that's saying something. Lawrence the year up isn't bad either but Livramento is touted for full England international potential. Chelsea have a ridiculous record at RB the past few years as Sterling didn't look bad for their 23s either. Small won't have many bigger challenges than him in youth football

Whatever happened to him? Few decent loans like Cov then just sort of disappeared.