New Everton Stadium Discussion

This simply isn't true. The North South orientation is nothing to do with how well the grass grows, it is all about broadcast and premium seating, keeping the sun out of the eyes of the highest payers and direct sunlight on the camera lens.

Conversations about BMD were happening long before the chance of the CWG arriving in Liverpool. There was some opportunism from LCC with regards to our stadium, but at no point was there any reliance on the CWG for the stadium, nor was there a risk that the stadium design would be altered to accommodate it.
Spot on fella. I don't know where this nonsense about the Commonwealth Games comes from. At the point when BMD was first mentioned the city which eventually threw their hand in (was it Durban?) was still on course to host the games. When they said they couldn't afford them was when the games were mentioned within the context of BMD.

...we cant. The club (you) will be paying it off for years.
Have a word with yourself, your constant gloom and derision of anything other than your self righteous indignation are boorish hyperbole and designed to prompt a response, I've bitten, AGAIN, but christ knows why!

Can you, not even for a moment revel in some excellent, positive news and th possible speculate to accumulate scenario!!!

Spot on fella. I don't know where this nonsense about the Commonwealth Games comes from. At the point when BMD was first mentioned the city which eventually threw their hand in (was it Durban?) was still on course to host the games. When they said they couldn't afford them was when the games were mentioned within the context of BMD.

Pretty sure the CWG guff was a convenient fig leaf for Mayor Joe to bang on about that LCC funding thing.

I'm stunned at Davek's apprehension over this.

Can he not see a new stadium is a sign of the owner's intent about getting this club back where it belongs?

I don't understand any Evertonian who doesn't want this to happen, pretty weird behavior if you ask me, is just that tiny inkling of thought you have of if it doesn't happen you can say "I told you so".

Have a word with yourself, your constant gloom and derision of anything other than your self righteous indignation are boorish hyperbole and designed to prompt a response, I've bitten, AGAIN, but christ knows why!

Can you, not even for a moment revel in some excellent, positive news and th possible speculate to accumulate scenario!!!
What are you on about? Did you think this stadium would ever be paid for by anything other than £500m-£600m loans?

Do you think anyone buys a house without a mortgage?

Only a problem if you cant pay it back. Reckon thats squared off.
I'm just saying, it'll be fans paying it off and that it's not free.

I'm delighted we have it, but that doesn't mean it's secured...or that the club once it is built are in a good place to use all the revenue from it.

As I said there are several stadia in a more east-west orientation. Wembley and Old Trafford to name just 2. The range of KO times nowadays and prospect of new technologies, such as transluscent panels, closing roof or whatever, make it all less onerous.... further proven by the fact the larger format was east-west.
Conversations yes, but following the CWG bid failure (which incidentally wasn't originally for the next games but the following ones), and despite the consultation where 60k was the favoured capacity, the 60k option was dropped. A former colleague of my did structural assessments for both options and the smaller one became the focus after the failed bid...

Not here to argue, but the new Wembley was only put in on an east west orientation as a design consideration to link it to the original. Old Trafford is hardly a new stadium, and others that have been built 'recently' are rarely put East West by choice, for the exact reasons I have already mentioned.

There was no dependency of the CWG for BMD to be built, and also, the CWG would have had no influence on the form of the stadium, track etc.. there was a level of LCC trying to get in on the act and make good of an opportunity.