New Everton Stadium Discussion

No after redevelopment 18.6k all seated to be precise. It was chosen to host this year's Super Cup mind you.
Think they are planning to redevelop the GAA grounds in Belfast to a 30k all seater too.
Plus you have that other white elephant GAA stadium in Cork recently revamped for 100m over budget and not sure if it has yet had a sell out for GAA.

Think they are planning to redevelop the GAA grounds in Belfast to a 30k all seater too.
Plus you have that other white elephant GAA stadium in Cork recently revamped for 100m over budget and not sure if it has yet had a sell out for GAA.
It did not cost 100m over budget.
The whole 45,000 seater build cost about 100k.
It certainly is not a white elephant and will get lots of use over the years.
You obviously are not a follower of GAA or maybe GAA outside of Dublin.
There have been quite a few games with large attendances at the new ground.

It did not cost 100m over budget.

As an avid GAA fan as well as a Blue and Rovers fan, let me get the facts down here.

The projected final cost of redevelopment of Páirc ui Chaoimh is €96m, and that is €17.6m over original estimate.

As regards using our finest GAA stadia for this tournament, I would love it. Imagine a WC SF or Final in Croker!

Even diehards would have to see the potential in world wide exposure for the Association and its games in lead up to such matches.

it was 110m euro which was 30m ish over budget and which inexplicably the taxpayer picked up much of the tab. Leaving aside music concerts and a one off Liam Miller football testimonial, that stadium had only been filled once a year for the Munster finals. And it hasn’t sold out every year for that either. Munster Rugby have a revamped 20k odd stadium in Thomond Limerick and a smaller stadium in Musgrave Park close to Pairc Ui Chaoimh so barring a Heineken cup final it’s useless to them too. Even Cork City have a very tidy stadium in Turners cross.
That has to qualify as a white elephant. Typical second city syndrome !

Cant see it being turned down after this announcement!

The Liverpool City Region is set to become a freeport as part of Chancellor Rishi Sunak's Budget announcement in the House of Commons.

Freeports are special economic zones with different rules to make it easier and cheaper to do business - designated areas where the normal tax and tariff rules of the country do not apply.

Speaking in Parliament on Wednesday, Mr Sunak confirmed that Liverpool's bid had been approved alongside seven others.

It's a move hoped to bring thousands of jobs to the city region along with £800m of investment, and was announced by the Chancellor alongside a long list of new economic measures.

He said the eight UK freeports will have “simpler planning”, “cheaper customs – with favourable tariffs, VAT or duties”, and lower taxes – with “tax breaks to encourage construction, private investment and job creation”.
@roydo
More dots to be joined
Although I doubt the boys seen this coming or planned for it

They would have to build a new stadium in NI.

Can see:

Croke Park
Hampden
Ibrox
Parkhead
St James
Bramley Moore
Old Trafford
Millenium
Villa Park
Spurs
Emirates
St Marys
Wembley

Being the main stadia for any international combined tournament.

As an avid GAA fan as well as a Blue and Rovers fan, let me get the facts down here.

The projected final cost of redevelopment of Páirc ui Chaoimh is €96m, and that is €17.6m over original estimate.

As regards using our finest GAA stadia for this tournament, I would love it. Imagine a WC SF or Final in Croker!

Even diehards would have to see the potential in world wide exposure for the Association and its games in lead up to such matches.
I can't see them using Croke Park as there's terracing at one end, would look ridiculous hosting a big game with one end empty. Don't know whether they could put temporary seating on the hill.

The docks was a freeport, when my owl fella was on the docks

EemVERdXoAQLj0U.jpg