New Everton Stadium Discussion

Cant see it being turned down after this announcement!

The Liverpool City Region is set to become a freeport as part of Chancellor Rishi Sunak's Budget announcement in the House of Commons.

Freeports are special economic zones with different rules to make it easier and cheaper to do business - designated areas where the normal tax and tariff rules of the country do not apply.

Speaking in Parliament on Wednesday, Mr Sunak confirmed that Liverpool's bid had been approved alongside seven others.

It's a move hoped to bring thousands of jobs to the city region along with £800m of investment, and was announced by the Chancellor alongside a long list of new economic measures.

He said the eight UK freeports will have “simpler planning”, “cheaper customs – with favourable tariffs, VAT or duties”, and lower taxes – with “tax breaks to encourage construction, private investment and job creation”.

Can't see how a stadium is going to be associated with a Freeport.

If Ireland has 2 stadiums then Croke Park (83.000 capacity) will be one as will the Aviva probably.

You would image the Millenium in Cardiff, Hampden or Celtic Park....

I remember in Euro 96 they viewed both Goodison and the Sesspool and stated that they had to pick one or the other.... Imagine they picked Anfield over BMD! lol.
Doubt Croke Park will be used

If Ireland has 2 stadiums then Croke Park (83.000 capacity) will be one as will the Aviva probably.

You would image the Millenium in Cardiff, Hampden or Celtic Park....

I remember in Euro 96 they viewed both Goodison and the Sesspool and stated that they had to pick one or the other.... Imagine they picked Anfield over BMD! lol.
Its a white elephant but if it did I'd imagine it would be the Aviva and Windsor Park - politics etc.

Looks good on paper but Liverpool was a freeport from 1984 to 2012.

Will be good for Liverpool 2 to increase demand.

The docks was a freeport, when my owl fella was on the docks. This is different. Still, seems to me the millions of £ investment is from a corner called Bramley Moore Dock. :coffee:Remains to be seen if there is any other investment the tories are spouting about