New Everton Stadium Discussion

It's big enough, but not as big as Anfield, which might be the biggest issue.

Anfield has the additional capacity and the history going for it. BMD has the setting, the more modern construction etc. If Anfield meets all the FIFA standards, you'd have to say that would still be the more likely venue.

Anfield has the additional capacity and the history going for it. BMD has the setting, the more modern construction etc. If Anfield meets all the FIFA standards, you'd have to say that would still be the more likely venue.

Unfortunately this, they don't like having two stadiums from a relatively small city. I think unless ours gets towards 60k it then becomes a money making decision and 61k will trump 53k. Sad fact is the football tourists are also more likely to want to go to a game there than at ours, even if ours is an overall better stadium.

Perhaps we might get a token game, but that is all.

Unfortunately this, they don't like having two stadiums from a relatively small city. I think unless ours gets towards 60k it then becomes a money making decision and 61k will trump 53k. Sad fact is the football tourists are also more likely to want to go to a game there than at ours, even if ours is an overall better stadium.

Perhaps we might get a token game, but that is all.
FIFA will first and foremost be looking at broadcasting facilities and then corporate boxes
We will have better facilitates than the pit in both of those categories
Secondly ,safety .
Ours will be built to much higher standards
Once its over 50k we hold the trump cards over the pit

FIFA will first and foremost be looking at broadcasting facilities and then corporate boxes
Secondly ,safety .

There is also the question of accessibility and transport, we will also hold the cards over those requirements locally.

You’d like to think they’d include both (BMD and the pit). I’d certainly rather have games played at the pit than some nondescript bowl like St Mary’s or the emirates.

Secondly ,safety .

It's not like Anfield is in the dark ages, as much as we jest. They would have had two stands that are fairly new and the other two were built in the early to mid 90's.

It may look like a polished turd (because it is) but I doubt it will have any less corporate/broadcasting facilities. It's also an historic turd and that with a bigger capacity will count for more and anyone who thinks otherwise has blue tinted specs on. When the whole LW project is finished that might help tip the scales but with the building sites between the city and BMD, we will not be in at the expense of theirs.

It's not like Anfield is in the dark ages, as much as we jest. They would have had two stands that are fairly new and the other two were built in the early to mid 90's.

It may look like a polished turd (because it is) but I doubt it will have any less corporate/broadcasting facilities. It's also an historic turd and that with a bigger capacity will count for more and anyone who thinks otherwise has blue tinted specs on. When the whole LW project is finished that might help tip the scales but with the building sites between the city and BMD, we will not be in at the expense of theirs.

Then it's not really Anfield is it ? That story reminds me a bit of Trigger's broom, that had 17 new heads and 14 new handles...

Sifting through the Chancellor's budget statement and his emphasising of needing to jump start the economy through construction and infrastructure, hard not to expect some positive news from the Government over this ready to go project.
Even they couldn't miss this open goal of an opportunity.