Young EFC Players Out On Loan 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 18 FFS

I remember seeing Kevin Ratcliffe as a 21 yo and he was the definition of crap. As was Seamus Coleman at the same age against Lisbon?

One match as a teenager does not define his career
True that rats played fullback first few times I caught him he was awful.
Branthwaite will turn out a good player, cant judge him in a formation were there is nobody to guide him through the game at that level.

He won't have a career in the football league. Hes just a very poor footballer.

....actually think he can be very effective as a DM. He was outstanding coming through the ranks and the club clearly thought lots of him to give him this contract. I say he’s definitely not a very poor footballer, but he’s had injury problems and I have heard doubts about his attitude.

....actually think he can be very effective as a DM. He was outstanding coming through the ranks and the club clearly thought lots of him to give him this contract. I say he’s definitely not a very poor footballer, but he’s had injury problems and I have heard doubts about his attitude.
Good luck to him but at his age and the lack of football I do think he is going to struggle. League 2 would be a good level for him.

He was arguably our best player during Unsworth's short reign as temporary manager, when he was still a teenager. As you say he was dominant at U21s even as a 17 year old. I really thought he would come through. Just shows how narrow the margins are if you don't have the right blend of talent and attitude, coupled with luck with injuries.

Baningime and Kenny were both handed long contracts whilst Unsworth was temporary manager. I think it lead to Baningime thinking he had made it and he never progressed from that player who was a raw talent. Maybe once his contract here is up at the end of next season the penny will drop with him. He will end up on League 1 and it will be up to him if he can get back up the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.