• Andre Gomes

• Jean-Philippe Gbamin

• Alex Iwobi

• Abdoulaye Doucoure

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same could be said for a number of players in the past, not consistent enough. I don’t know why he is singled out compared to other players. He is a decent squad player hence why arguably one of the best managers in the world is using him as one.

the argument is often stated that he is worst because he has bloody played so much and been a major part of so many crap performances!

I don’t know if he actually is the worst signing but he is the ones whose presence on the team sheet these couple years has disheartened me more than any I can remember in my time supporting us

maybe Ashley Williams annoyed me more, He quickly flew up the list

Delph probably escapes because you forget he even plays for us half the time

Beattie is getting a surprisingly easy ride in here. Probably not the worst signing ever, but for us at the time we spent good money in him for a distinctly underwhelming return. Chatted lots of wham too.
Wasn't the first thing he did after signing for us was get involved in a punch up in Birmingham, having turned down a move to Villa. He followed that up by being photographed coming out of a supermarket with a trolley full of beer.

Wasn't the first thing he did after signing for us was get involved in a punch up in Birmingham, having turned down a move to Villa. He followed that up by being photographed coming out of a supermarket with a trolley full of beer.
Did he? Awesome PR skills on display, right there (if true). Must have missed that. Just remember him showing flashes of being okay but either being injured / unfit, suspended or poo otherwise.

Moyes and strikers never really were a happy mix.

Not quite the first thing, but not smart https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/football-star-in-city-beating-10468

The Arcadian lol. It's proper busy and full of numpts looking to act Billy big balls. Well, it was back then for sure. Why go there?

the argument is often stated that he is worst because he has bloody played so much and been a major part of so many crap performances!

I don’t know if he actually is the worst signing but he is the ones whose presence on the team sheet these couple years has disheartened me more than any I can remember in my time supporting us

maybe Ashley Williams annoyed me more, He quickly flew up the list

Delph probably escapes because you forget he even plays for us half the time
The fact that he scored 13 goals in one of his 4 seasons and has also scored 2 of the best goals we’ve seen in years makes it absolutely ridiculous that he’s even in the list with some of those players.
But, the scruffs have spoken apparently.
All a bit weird really.

The fact that he scored 13 goals in one of his 4 seasons and has also scored 2 of the best goals we’ve seen in years makes it absolutely ridiculous that he’s even in the list with some of those players.
All a bit weird really.

it is weird Thomas. It’s like some fans don’t understand the concept of other fans getting sick to the back teeth of certain players. It’s very strange, it’s like they watch football in a bubble and don’t know that there’s a long history of fans being done with players to the point of no return.

you’ve done well to highlight it, even if you’ve gone a bit far in calling them scruffs

Beattie is getting a surprisingly easy ride in here. Probably not the worst signing ever, but for us at the time we spent good money in him for a distinctly underwhelming return. Chatted lots of wham too.

Has to be top 3. I couldnt believe how sluggish he was. Play a ball in front of him and it was like watching a hippo chase it.
Came with a reputation. Never looked like living up to it from day 1.

Has to be top 3. I couldnt believe how sluggish he was. Play a ball in front of him and it was like watching a hippo chase it.
Came with a reputation. Never looked like living up to it from day 1.

The big problem was he was the least suitable strike on earth to play the role that he was signed for. You don't sign James Beattie to chase down strikers and hold up play whilst being isolated on his own up front like Marcus Bent was doing.

All a bit weird really.

So what? Cuco Martina scored a screamer for Southampton, are you saying only good players can score great goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.