Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the match tonight, felt it was karma for all the cheating that the RS get up to unpunished. For instance, in the first match in October VVD intentionally side charging Rodriguez’ nuts and Robertson’s sly late tackle on Allan. And tonight, we had Robertson’s late elbow in Rodriguez’ side or TAA with the hand and then the foot to stop DCL shooting. Let alone the cheap dives by Mane or Salah. Thought we looked comfortable for the most part, and the most likely to score on the break.
It should be a great win and it sort of is, but so comfortable you dont feel you have beaten a good team, gameplan-executed-goodnight

RS forums are full value though!

Well I think I can put down some coherent thoughts about the game tonight...I think!

I was having kittens during the game, but more down to how we've done in the past, compared to how we actually did tonight. Thought Davies was our best midfielder in the game, always made himself available to receive the ball from the centre backs or the other midfielders and got stuck in when he needed to tackle, doing both of them very well.

Keane and Holgate, I thought were magnificent as a centre back pairing tonight, Keane the better of the two, but by joy, the pair of them didn't let anything through them at all, won everything that came towards them; and while I thought Keane was a leader in defence, Holgate dealt with Mane superbly anytime Mane picked up the ball and seemed to be on his case when he needed to and didn't give him any opportunity to either con the ref (he did try but to no avail), or turn him and get in and get the shot on goal in. Godfrey in defence was as good as the pair of them also and I will never, ever, ever, tire of seeing that sliding tackle that sent the ball back into their own half, never.

Pickford, fair play to him. I'm by no means his biggest fan and have had plenty of arguments about him with friends and family, but this was him at his best. No brainfarts, commanded his area and, most crucially, made saves at important times, which in fairness to him, he has done in the past.

James, well, his quality shows even in games where he only provides it in doses and I think tonight was one of those games, but my god what a joy he is when he provides those moments of quality and like I mentioned with Pickford before, he showed that at a key moment in the game. For a relative spring chicken like me, I hope I get to enjoy someone of his quality in the flesh at Goodison sooner rather than later and I don't think I'm the only one in that camp.

On a side note, I've generally spent the whole evening/night reading through the posts on this thread and a shoutout to @Ring master and @Wat Tyler in particular for some of the twitter stuff that has encapsulated the mood and humour of Evertonians tonight. I must've liked and laughed at god knows how many posts tonight, but you two guys were repeat offenders at making me wet myself with laughter!

A different side note, @Bluerover and @thirdmantackle, I hope you two guys especially enjoyed that victory given what you've had to endure the last week or two. My condolences and best wishes go out to you guys and indeed any other blue going through tough times for whatever reason at this moment in time. Hopefully this victory has brought some comfort, however big or small, to you guys. Enjoy it while you can :)

Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

We knew Mum was on her way for 12 months but she kept fighting. Amazing coincidence that on the day of her funeral we break a 22 year hoodoo at the pit.

The sheer joy in my missus and daughter was incredible. My daughter was only 2 when Campbell got that winner.

A tough 1920s Dublin woman, Mum will be rolling up her sleeves already to whip Heaven .....and Everton into shape!!

God bless.

Thats a really tough period out the way now.
There's no easy games in the Prem but now there's a bit of breathing space.
If we get these injuries sorted out it should be an exciting end ti the season.
The return of Allan will be key to that. He brings composure and a great reading of the game to our midfield. It’s no coincidence our best football played this season has been with him in the side.

Watching the match tonight, felt it was karma for all the cheating that the RS get up to unpunished. For instance, in the first match in October VVD intentionally side charging Rodriguez’ nuts and Robertson’s sly late tackle on Allan. And tonight, we had Robertson’s late elbow in Rodriguez’ side or TAA with the hand and then the foot to stop DCL shooting. Let alone the cheap dives by Mane or Salah. Thought we looked comfortable for the most part, and the most likely to score on the break.
To summarise, Robertson is a rat

Thats a really tough period out the way now.
There's no easy games in the Prem but now there's a bit of breathing space.
If we get these injuries sorted out it should be an exciting end ti the season.
It is not going to be easy but I believe there are greater things coming our way..Today's win should help our players gain confidence so they can continue improving and hopefully prompts them to dream big.

Status
Not open for further replies.