2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't the players, it is the style of play that is killing us. The game has moved on but Carlo is still stuck in the dark ages. We play negative passive counter attacking football. Today in the first half Fulham who will almost certainly get relegated had 57% possession. It happens week in week out.

We create very few chances. We have had a run in which our finishing has been ridiculously clinical. Exemplified by the Spurs game in which pretty much every chance we had ended up in the back of the net. It is unsustainable.
Some of these players have failed under five managers so how is it only on Carlo? Yes his tactics were negative tonight but then maybe he is also giving the players responsibility they cannot handle. Time to clear more of them out.

yep if Carlo couldn’t transform us we’re doomed lol but I see huge signs he is mate and will ;)
I hope Carlo keeps the same 4 cb backup when we keep winning.

We simply must get things right at home. If the home form isn’t that bad we would be in CL position. if things are not working we simply must change things at half time. Carlo gave too much time to those who ain’t performing.

Some of these players have failed under five managers so how is it only on Carlo? Yes his tactics were negative tonight but then maybe he is also giving the players responsibility they cannot handle. Time to clear more of them out.

He is doing the best with what we have. Ancelotti is a pragmatic manager, we play defensively because any other approach would leave us on the end of Martinez style results. People wanting something different are fooling themselves.

He is doing the best with what we have. Ancelotti is a pragmatic manager, we play defensively because any other approach would leave us on the end of Martinez style results. People wanting something different are fooling themselves.
Agree mate we don't have the mobility centrally to play more attacking however I would like it if we did. You see Carlo's Napoli side they were more front foot. I trust he will do that more at home, if we have more mobility centrally and in full back.

He's getting the best out of a bang average midfield. I really think he'd have gone into the game thinking we could dominate Fulham but you can't legislate for Davies and Gomes getting the run around. At that point his hands are tied.
Harrison Reed was allowed to run the game. Time after time he was allowed to pick the ball up in acres of space, turn and play it in to the front players under no pressure whatsoever. Carlo allowed that to happen for the entire 90 minutes.

We allowed them to dominate the ball so we could counter-attack. This is a team who will be relegated.

At home to Fulham and they have 57% possession in the first half.

I thought he had decided who was in and who was out but clearly he still thinks more of some of our dross than we do. Our dross are not winners we need to change them.

Sorry but it is inexcusable to be negative against a shockingly bad Fulham who will get relegated this season. Are you really suggesting Fulham have better players than us ?

Harrison Reed was allowed to run the game. Time after time he was allowed to pick the ball up in acres of space, turn and play it in to the front players under no pressure whatsoever. Carlo allowed that to happen for the entire 90 minutes.

We allowed them to dominate the ball so we could counter-attack. This is a team who will be relegated.

At home to Fulham and they have 57% possession in the first half.

See the other home defeats to lesser sides and the stats will pretty much be the same, if not close. It’s not something that should be brushed under the carpet. It’s an issue that needs addressing. Just because the tactics work at home against the better sides who allow us more time on the ball doesn’t mean consistent results like like this at home to lesser teams shouldn’t be questioned.

However the team is set up - which could've been a lot better and more aggressive, not that I know 0.1% of what Carlo knows - the players MUST do better than this.

No passing, no pressing, no heart, no aggression to cut the ball out of the box, no quality.

If I'm in Carlo's shoes I'm in the presser saying that the players have a chance to get Champions League football this season but this is the performance they put out.

Sorry but it is inexcusable to be negative against a shockingly bad Fulham who will get relegated this season. Are you really suggesting Fulham have better players than us ?
I agree but it's a mixture of players and Carlo setting up to sit off. But many of these players have shown their mentalities are weak and or they lack the mobility to press. Here are some Coleman, Gomes, Siggurdson, James and Davies tonight all well off it.

The team selection wasn't negative. It was just a mishmash with zero balance. It was arrogant and prioritising future games. For that alone we deserved to lose.

The players can't play in that system with no runners, attacking full backs and 3 luxury players who don't do anything off the ball.

Ok the team was set up wrong tonight, gave Fulham total initiative to boss us from the first minute. Truth is i think we have punched above our weight this season and that's down to him organising us defensively and making us good at set pieces.

He has been around the block and won't be panicking just yet.

However the team is set up - which could've been a lot better and more aggressive, not that I know 0.1% of what Carlo knows - the players MUST do better than this.

No passing, no pressing, no heart, no aggression to cut the ball out of the box, no quality.

If I'm in Carlo's shoes I'm in the presser saying that the players have a chance to get Champions League football this season but this is the performance they put out.
If we want Champions League football then we have to be setup to take the game to the dross at home. We have to dominate possession, push teams back, create chances and play aggressively.

Carlo is just a negative, passive coach, who relies on bringing teams on to us, so we can counter. It is Football from the dark ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.