Match Thread Everton v Manchester City (Wednesday 17 February 20:15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully our players turn up to this and they should, but city are so good, will it make a difference, the type of game we should lose but who knows with us anymore

Unlike you all, I'm confident of at least a point against City. And that's a point where we'll be saying we should've got all 3.

Yup, and I fear that that is the magnitude of the change required if we are to become a top four side. Right now, we are on course to finish ninth, let alone the top six. Top four is pipe dream stuff with this shower. Our squad is riddled with mediocrity which gets talked up as soon as we scrape a few decent results. Davies, Holgate, Coleman, Sigurdsson, Gomes, etc are all one in three or four players. One in twelve for Davies. There are plenty more like them. Occasionally, they pull out a good win, but then regress to the mean. And Carlo seems to trust them more than a man of his experience really should. I noted his quote before the game tonight and the alarm bells went off as it was oh so similar to the Newcastle game when he appeared to be complacent in his attitude the game. We really are not so good that we can be relied on to beat Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, or even Fulham at home. Any result against a side like Liverpool is massively out of character for these lads. The "better" sides we have beaten this season are all deeply flawed or going through a crisis (Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea). We'll always be competitive against Leicester because they are Leicester and we have no inferiority complex there. We'll rally against City, perform respectively, give them a scare and lose 3-1. Then we'll find a way to implode in the derby.
Ancelotti had his wake up calls over playing tat in the first team when first Leeds and then Newcastle showed us up in our own back yard.

I dont blame him though, I blame Brands. He's a disaster who built on the work of another disaster in Koeman.

Honestly think we might have 15% possession in this game.

I wouldn't even bother starting DCL in this he will be flogged.

Pickford
Godfrey
MINA
KEANE
HOLGATE
DAVIES
DOUCOURE
ALLAN
IWOBI
BERNARD
KING

DCL,JAMES,RICHARLISON, ALL RESTED. OR IN JAMES SAKE FOR HIS OWN GOOD