Match Thread Everton v Tottenham Hotspur.- FA Cup 5th Rd.- Wednesday - 8.15pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH FA CUP SPURS P/C

Mourinho style is close to Ancelotti's​

I think we are really close in our idea of football. It's an honour for me to be compared to Jose. We didn't talk too much about this but how I see his team play can be comparable for us. That's it. To be compared to his style is a honour.
This is why i have a good feeling about it, Carlo will have an idea on what Jose might do, same the other way of course but the unpredictable teams i hate to see us against.

Same levels of intensity as Chelsea last season at home please. And I expect that for every single came from here on in.

?
Coleman's good at playing out from back through midfield. He's good at triangle play and beating players 1 on1 on the inside as much as outside; short to medium passing is good, and as long as the option is on, he'll use attacking intent. It'll be up to davies and gomes to look for ball inside. Can use Godfrey's pace on the outside.
And he can fit into the flat four easily with Digne going forward.
And with Godfrey, take Son out of the play.
He the type of player that can do a lot of things as long as the structure is good around him.
Davies positional awareness and keeping his head has improved a lot this season. You'd think they'd combine well.

Think Gomes is better cutting out passing lanes and pressing passes that get through, than the play coming to him.
Let him run him arse off and then bring on James in that role as the games opens up. James has had the crap kicked/stomped out of him every time he starts. He needs a break from that. If not James then Bernard.
I'd leave Sig for covering injuries, changing tactics.

Formation allows for width, coming from deep, Digne or Coleman/Godfrey while still maintaing the exisitng defence structure
with Digne or Coleman dropping as the fourth CB.
Coleman and Godfrey may form a good combo and it would be interesting to see how much trouble Godfrey could cause with the licence to stay higher up every now and then (dream goal - Digne crossing for Godfrey leaping majestically at far post from a quick attack)
Davies and Doucs or Davies and Coleman are as a good a screen as any in the squad; with Gomes or Richo pressing from behind.
Both Coleman or Doucs can move inside, off the ball, when attacking.
Even though his crossing is not up to scratch and his pace is on the wane still think Seamus has a lot to offer this season
and he can mentally handle the responsibility of that role, not all can.
He was pivotal with James earlier on. Maybe he can become pivotal again.
Worth a try anyway.
Bloody hell, is that you Carlo

...re Holgate v Coleman debate, I’m not convinced Holgate is a far better defender than Coleman. I don’t think he’s faster than Coleman and I’m nervous when he gets the wrong side of a forward, he’ll bring the opponent down for a free kick or penalty.

Where Holgate has the advantage is that he rarely crosses the half-way line, which means there’s no void in the right side. That’s a particular advantage when Rodriguez plays. Whoever plays RM might determine who plays RB.
Bound to happen soon I reckon

He seems to be emotioally vulnerable to being beaten

Guess I'd still take that over being not arsed

I never know what to expect against Spurs but they seem pretty get-attable lately.
Hi there 'insert club'

Are you struggling for results right now?

Are you in a goal drought or cant stop conceding?

Then why not come to Goodison Park and we will have you out with your tails up in no time!

I'd be surprised if we don't start with the strongest possible line up.

Spurs won't be easy but it's an important game that could be psychologically important for this squad in the coming years. In the past we've cowered when having to play a top side especially in the one off cup tournaments.

No reason why we can't win, club desperately needs a trophy.

I'd be surprised if we don't start with the strongest possible line up.

Spurs won't be easy but it's an important game that could be psychologically important for this squad in the coming years. In the past we've cowered when having to play a top side especially in the one off cup tournaments.

No reason why we can't win, club desperately needs a trophy.
There is no reason not to start with the strongest team for me, I dont get people or some as ever saying rest players so they are ok for Fulham, Fulham is 4 days later not like a day or so later, Weird that this is the 1st cup game for over 20 years and the 1st home game for 38 years to them in the cup

Status
Not open for further replies.