I became an Evertorian today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

But today, I felt what you lot always told me about.

The excitement before the match

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

Then the nervousness as the match got going

The naive confidence as we started playing well

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

The frustration of DCL missing that one on one thinking that's it, we are done.

Then the shy joy of that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then hope....and hope that we win it.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

I understand now the madness here and I love it
I went Grey at 11 years old.

The frustration

Then the nervousness

The naive confidence

The utter frustration

The anger

Then the anger

The frustration

Then the shy joy that first goal thinking maybe there is hope

Then the glorious roar

Then hope....

Then more anger

But I kept hope, frustrated hope.

yep sounds like the stages of an Everton fan!

but never lose the hope mate... some of us teeter on the edge as soon as we go into our shell .. I liked your line naive confidence.. I start every game that way, that today could be different and we’ll play to our potential.

my wife hates my relationship with Everton.. has made me a grumpy git as long as she has known me. “There goes another weekend”
One piece of advice.. never dwell. I dwell on every loss, every draw that should have been 3 points..

Good luck pal! Next time wear gloves.

Today I took the full ride of being an Everton fan. Obviously I have supported and cared for the team since day 1. I connected with the team since day 1.

The frustration not to see Mina seeing that he was also absent in the last United league match and they clogged us for 2 headers goals.

The utter frustration with how that first goal developed knowing that that passage would end up in goal from the moment Doucoure gave that ball away.

The anger as that play developed and watching every mistake made in that passage (ball giveaway, no pressure on the wing to the ball crosser, poor coverage by Keane.

Then the anger at our players for playing like a neighborhood bunch, especially James and Doucoure and for the whole team just sitting back and playing scared

Then the glorious roar of the 2nd goal. Screamed and jumped as I watched in.my home gym to the point that my wife came running to check if I was ok and angrily rolled her eyes when she realized it was a soccer scream.

Then more anger at us sitting back. Came the 3rd goal and I was deflated..how? Why?

But I kept hope, frustrated hope. My workout was done but I stayed in gym. Pacing back and forward. Not sitting down. Like a father awaiting his first son.

Then came the goal and I screamed yes 5 times (Wife knew better this time) as I punched the living crap out of the heavy bag without gloves (dumb) and I said I love this team.

I know I am rambling on. But I havent felt this emotionally attached to a team or a match since Colombia in the world cup. The blues were in complete control of my emotions and how my weekend would go on.

The bit about us sitting back until we absolutely have to go forward has been true of Everton for as long as I have supported them. I have no idea what it is about the jersey, but it seems to imbue the players who wear it with an urge to never get too far ahead in a game and make the last 20 minutes of even the most comprehensive winning scorelines feel there are years being taken from your life.

Is right lad, when you support a team that isn't one of the glory teams you do get invested more, you have deep feelings for the club that have been with us since childhood. It's great to see you take this ride mate, it's a good little club despite not winning anything for beards. Welcome to the family.

I don't know whether to feel happy or sad for you .It is a bit like joining AA or some such gathering .We are all here and suffering together but we all know that one slip and it is back to the beginning again.
There is light at the end of the tunnel but it is hard to see as it is believed there is a bald fat man standing in the way ,Onwards and upwards Blues.

Evertonians to other Evertonians

Friends-300x279.jpg

Evertonians to outsiders

Evertonians to outsiders.jpg

You sure about this? You still have time to get out...

(But seriously welcome and enjoy... the cult)

Brilliant, however I also feel a bit sorry for you too.
The rollercoaster of supporting Everton is very very frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.