2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good return on the window, granted it’s mainly loans but at least it’s people off the books. King was a good bit of business, shame we couldn’t have got him in earlier but I don’t think we save as much money that way.

King
Bernard
Iwobi
One of Godfrey, Holgate or Mna will now drop to the bench with Digne fit.

Gbamin and Delph once they’re back, also... will have much better options off the bench.

If we can get in one of those European spots I’m certain we’ll address RB in summer, could see us with an elite outfield 10.

Quite a polarising character.

Reading the past few pages I can't find much middle ground. He's either decent or rubbish. People unfamiliar with Everton would think we're discussing two different people.

Personaly, I think he's done a good job. Inherited a disastrous hotch-potch of a squad and has whittled it down. Of all of his signings, you can say Bernard has had the worst return on Money spent.

Regarding Bernard, I see the MLS window opens in a few days, maybe he wants to move there as opposed to the UAE? We can but hope.

Hopefully Tosun plays regularly and makes it almost impossible for Besiktas to let him come back for his final year. Even if they just buy out his contract get him gone.

I’m not usually particularly critical of him as I think the business he does is usually good however I would like to know why it’s taken us until the final hours of the January window to sign Josh King who was seemingly there to sign in the summer. We all knew Tosun wasn’t good enough and would never play himself into a permanent move so why didn’t we simply get King in earlier?

The business with the 6 month deal with an extension is as ever very good but Brands has a horrible habit of leaving us short

Good return on the window, granted it’s mainly loans but at least it’s people off the books. King was a good bit of business, shame we couldn’t have got him in earlier but I don’t think we save as much money that way.

King
Bernard
Iwobi
One of Godfrey, Holgate or Mna will now drop to the bench with Digne fit.

Gbamin and Delph once they’re back, also... will have much better options off the bench.

If we can get in one of those European spots I’m certain we’ll address RB in summer, could see us with an elite outfield 10.
Exactly this. Top top players that is fans and even the club would have liked, simply not available or out of the price range currently. Summer transfer window is different, no excuses. Money freed up with a few out of contract players off the books completely. Good transfer window I reckon.

I’m not usually particularly critical of him as I think the business he does is usually good however I would like to know why it’s taken us until the final hours of the January window to sign Josh King who was seemingly there to sign in the summer. We all knew Tosun wasn’t good enough and would never play himself into a permanent move so why didn’t we simply get King in earlier?

The business with the 6 month deal with an extension is as ever very good but Brands has a horrible habit of leaving us short

Probs because signing him in the Summer would have cost us £15m+?

Amazing amount out the door.

The Finch Farm canteen will be cooking half the meals they used to.

That aspect has gone way better than we could have expected.

Also many younger players on loan. They will sink out swim, instead of lurking round the fringes of the first team but never playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.