2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not really, he’s loaned them out for 4 months to get them off the wage bill for a bit, they’ll be back soon to fleece us again.

That being said I don’t really hate him. I think he does have a difficult job.
There's only one club who was daft enough to buy them in the first place and that wasn't his fault.

He's back home like this

ZHND.gif
Still rather have that than

Screenshot_20210201-125806_Firefox.jpg

But we can't buy until the deadwood is gone. We need to stop buying stop-gaps and fillers. It might be a gamble for the rest of this season but we'll be better for it in the long run.

Had 3 yr to get rid of them and largely failed. He is useless. When was last time we got an actual fee for someone instead of giving/subsidize them away

who then?

I mean, it's not my job to go out and find those players, as we have an entire scouting department for that, which Brands - to his credit - has restructured. If it was my job I'd be a lot better off in life I'm sure.

The profile has to be a player with pace, ideally capable of playing either flank.

Samuel Chukwueze at Villarreal is an option I've plucked out of thin air.

A starter in the last few seasons, but has been more of a sub this year. I think he's just last week suffered an injury, not sure how serious.

He's not amazing, but might have been a player on loan which could have been looked at. But it's more that template.

He'd definitely be a marked improvement on nobody. But as I said, injured right now I believe.

I mean, it's not my job to go out and find those players, as we have an entire scouting department for that, which Brands - to his credit - has restructured. If it was my job I'd be a lot better off in life I'm sure.

The profile has to be a player with pace, ideally capable of playing either flank.

Samuel Chukwueze at Villarreal is an option I've plucked out of thin air.

A starter in the last few seasons, but has been more of a sub this year. I think he's just last week suffered an injury, not sure how serious.

He's not amazing, but might have been a player on loan which could have been looked at. But it's more that template.

He'd definitely be a marked improvement on nobody. But as I said, injured right now I believe.

mate it’s ok all us scoping players and yes we have a team to do that. Maybe it’s not as easy as we think? Maybe clubs want money maybe brands is being a scruff? Maybe Carlo doesn’t want etc? - I hope we do have someone lined up tho!

Season over if we don't get a striker today. Simple as that. We might hover around top 7 for another month, but eventually the lack of bodies will catch up with us and we'll fall way short. The most obvious thing in the world.

There's only one club who was daft enough to buy them in the first place and that wasn't his fault.

Lossl and Bernard are two players likely to go today (one already has)

Brands brought them both in, and were on a combined £150k a week.

One of them hasn't played a game.

So yeah, he takes his share of the blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.