2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Need him to move the ball quicker on Wednesday and be as good as he was tonight.

We simply can't afford him to go missing and need a BIG performance from him Wednesday

Gonna be all about shape on Wednesday.

Need to be really, really compact in midfield. Play James in a free role off Dom and, honestly, I think I'd consider playing Digne (if fit) over Richarlison.

Having Rich raring to go off the bench could be a real asset and it allows us to keep that flat four that I think we're far better with but also gives us width down both sides.

Gonna be all about shape on Wednesday.

Need to be really, really compact in midfield. Play James in a free role off Dom and, honestly, I think I'd consider playing Digne (if fit) over Richarlison.

Having Rich raring to go off the bench could be a real asset and it allows us to keep that flat four that I think we're far better with but also gives us width down both sides.

I think Iwobi comes back in on the right and if Rodriguez gets moved to where Gylfi played it will be interesting if he thinks Gomes and Davies have enough about them. I'd be massively tempted to put Godfrey in midfield just due to how athletic he is and his reading of the game.

He'll have options Wednesday though they may be limited. He has to get the balance where we are tight defensively and compact but able to hurt them. It'll be tough for him to drop Rico just because he has a goal threat and can carry the ball on a counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.