2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
they terminated his contract it's a bit different from trying to make money on our deadwood..
I wasn't suggesting that we made money on them. You'd need Paul Daniels to turn a profit on our dross, but there is a way to cut losses and make room in the squad ......if you can be arsed.

Paris United? Come on Dave you’re better than that posting click bait
It was reported elsewhere.

Look, Silva made it plain that if Gueye went he'd want replacements in, and in early. That didn't happen, and we waited on Gbamin and he had to be put in straight away. That was down to Brands.

Brands inability to move on the deadwood is shocking.

Yes , I know they are on wages disprortionate to their ability but he has shown no creativity in moving them on , FFS even Arsenal managed to get rid of Ozil on £350k per week.

What does Brands actually do ?

And just exactly how do you propose he gets rid of players on legally binding contracts of employment, who are happy to sit on their arses and see their contracts out ?

I wasn't suggesting that we made money on them. You'd need Paul Daniels to turn a profit on our dross, but there is a way to cut losses and make room in the squad ......if you can be arsed.
How?
Arsenal I am guessing reached a figure with Ozil to terminate his contract

Moshiri better not be getting this iranian guy All Daiea in to replace him. Maybe Brands doesn't want this clown near the staff at all and moshiri is insisting. Mexican stand off awaits
Ali Daei and how do you know what his abilities are?

It was reported elsewhere.

Look, Silva made it plain that if Gueye went he'd want replacements in, and in early. That didn't happen, and we waited on Gbamin and he had to be put in straight away. That was down to Brands.
We literally signed Gbamin 2 days after we sold Idrissa Dave, the deal was in place

Brands inability to move on the deadwood is shocking.

Yes , I know they are on wages disprortionate to their ability but he has shown no creativity in moving them on , FFS even Arsenal managed to get rid of Ozil on £350k per week.

What does Brands actually do ?
How can brands be blamed? If no one wants to buy. ‘Arsenal managed to get rid of ozil’ he is 10 times the player bolasie is. You cannot blame brands for clubs not wanting to sign crap. And with many of them out of contract this summer, whilst being in a time when many clubs are skint. Clubs may decide as will the players to wait until the summer, meaning no transfer fees are needed. This is not on brands in my eyes.

I’d like him to sign a new deal. I think the transfers he’s made have been good. Wether it was Carlos lure or any other reason people say, he still got them done. His hands have been tied for much of his time here through previous business. With contracts up in the summer it’ll feel like he’ll finally be able to start afresh in many ways if that makes sense.

How can brands be blamed? If no one wants to buy. ‘Arsenal managed to get rid of ozil’ he is 10 times the player bolasie is. You cannot blame brands for clubs not wanting to sign crap. And with many of them out of contract this summer, whilst being in a time when many clubs are skint. Clubs may decide as will the players to wait until the summer, meaning no transfer fees are needed. This is not on brands in my eyes.

Look how long it’s taken Aresnal to get rid of Ozil, a player known globally and it’s not a done deal yet either.

Compare that to Bolasie, who’s been out on loan a few times, had a couple of clubs showing an interest, but won’t move because he knows he’s never getting the money he’s on now ever again.

Look how long it’s taken Aresnal to get rid of Ozil, a player known globally and it’s not a done deal yet either.

Compare that to Bolasie, who’s been out on loan a few times, had a couple of clubs showing an interest, but won’t move because he knows he’s never getting the money he’s on now ever again.
Yes exactly, Some people think its easy to get rid of players as if it’s football manager. Bolasie has had 2 or 3 loan spells where he didn’t do a lot. What makes people think clubs want him?

I’d actually give him a new contract. He redeemed himself a bit last summer because the 2019 summer window was Walsh level. On the face of it he looks to be a good negotiator so just have Ancelotti tell him who he wants and he sorts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.